DG exhaust jetting suggestions?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DG exhaust jetting suggestions?

Question DG exhaust jetting suggestions?

Hi there guys, new tw enthusiast here.

I am wondering first off will I need to be re-jetting the carbs for the DG "O" series slip on exhaust?

And if so what might be good main and/ or pilot jets to change out to.

I am interested in this also

Me as well

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Well guys, i can shed some light on our question. Apparently the aftermarket slip-on exhausts claim to use the stock jetting. But from what research i have done, stock t-dubs do well with the pilot screw turned out 2 1/2 turns and a 130 main jet installed(as well as a few needle shims, which i am not sure i will attempt yet). I would imagine these adjustments being even more appropriate with an aftermarket exhaust.

Best thing to do is. Ride it stock.notice where you want gains. Then Install exhaust. Ride again. Take note of any changes compared to stock.. Take notations. 2 1/2 the pilot. Ride again. Notate. You like you keep.if not 130 time. Take notations. Post results. Just MHO better to do in steps and track progress. Its kinda hard to say exactly there is a universal setting that works well for all dubs.when taking into consideration different elements such as elevation. Climate and other factors that can affect performance. Saves time and money. And it makes for a simple guide to follow. I run mine stock engine wise. Love it. No complaints. Operator error plays a role also. Feel the bike out. You won't fly up the hill. But you will get to the top. Just my opinion. I'm probably wrong though.
    Leisure Time Larry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chris209 View Post
    Best thing to do is. Ride it stock.notice where you want gains. Then Install exhaust. Ride again. Take note of any changes compared to stock.. Take notations. 2 1/2 the pilot. Ride again. Notate. You like you keep.if not 130 time. Take notations. Post results. Just MHO better to do in steps and track progress. Its kinda hard to say exactly there is a universal setting that works well for all dubs.when taking into consideration different elements such as elevation. Climate and other factors that can affect performance. Saves time and money. And it makes for a simple guide to follow. I run mine stock engine wise. Love it. No complaints. Operator error plays a role also. Feel the bike out. You won't fly up the hill. But you will get to the top. Just my opinion. I'm probably wrong though.
    Thanks for the info. Good points

This has always worked for me in auto and moto. Just my theory. But to get guaranteed results without alot of work this is the layout...change airfilter to hi flo. Or replace airbox with uni filter.or drill holes in airbox.Then look to richen fuel mixture. And remove the baffle out of muffler.. so my theory is. Unrestrict air flow. Richen fuel mixture. Unrestrict exhaust flow . If you want more power than that provides. You should look at a 2stroke. Bikes under warranty should be adjusted by warranty mechanics. .Brand new bikes should just be ridden.good riders know there bikes tics and tocks as if they were there own. That ability comes with time invested in riding. The more you ride. The more you learn.I have been riding since I was young. And ill tell you what.. I learn something new everytime I ride. And i try to ride everday. Wether it be my 80 gs1100.. my buell or the dub.every ride is different. Peraonally if my bike was new i would just. Ride it till the wheels fall off And then do upgrades when wheels are being put back on..LOL

what does popping on decel mean ? lean out too much ? needs more fuel jetting ? tuning needle ?
    2006 tw200

usually means too lean.

I have the Dg slip on. I used the stock jetting along with "dial a jet" I don't have any issues with it bogging out or running lean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links