S/S Front Rear racks -BBQ
Close

S/S Front Rear racks -BBQ

Hiu all! I have been reading your forums for several months now and finally got my own TW200!!
    As always, "Stock is not enough" so I set out to accessorize my new ride.

looking at commercial racks, I realised that If I wanted to haul an Elk out I would be using my Rokon, So what I really needed was just a secure platform for extra gas and gear for most trips.
    I was not happy with the $$$ or widths of the commercial racks I saw so I built my own front and rear racks, using a set of SS BBQ grills (sams club) and some pre drilled galvanized strap iron $6.00 Lowes.
    fabrication is simple 1/4 inch bolts and nuts and lock washers $5.00. kind of tinkertoy construction but attatched to the same locations as the commercial racks and strong enough to haul 3 gal of gas on front or #30 on the back.. Anybody with hacksaw or tinsnips and a vise should be able to copy this plan. AND the front rack can be taken off and used on the trail for a BBQ grill!!!
    I did upgrade the footpegs and got brushbuster handguards and plan to upgrade the skid plate in the future.

Thanks for all the information, Its great having all the collective experience available here...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 TW200-
    handguards-$34, Wide pegs generic $16., 1" front fork risers $8, Coleman seat cover $16, Stainless front and rear racks $ 27.00
    2007 BMW R1150R
    2009 Rokon Trailbreaker

Please be very careful with that much extra weight on the front end. Gasoline sloshes around in jerry cans and it could easily throw your balance off on a tricky section of a trail. I do like your approach of working with easy materials for quick mods however.

Thanks. I agree I just plan to put a lunchbox and a 1 gal gas jug up front.
    CTS. Do our bikes use one metal oil filter screen or is it that plus a paper filter or both??
    2012 TW200-
    handguards-$34, Wide pegs generic $16., 1" front fork risers $8, Coleman seat cover $16, Stainless front and rear racks $ 27.00
    2007 BMW R1150R
    2009 Rokon Trailbreaker

Sponosred Links