Raising The Handle Bars
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Leisure Time Larry

Thread: Raising The Handle Bars

Raising The Handle Bars

Hurray...just bought my first TW that is 1,300 miles away. We bought a place in Arizona and I called the local dealer and got a closeout on a 2013. He is going to hold it for me until the temperature drops below 120 degrees and we make it down in October.

Question I am 6'4" and want to raise the handlebars so I can ride the pegs without being so hunched over.

How high can I go without altering cables
    What is the best way
    What are the preferred handlebars

Thanks for the response

Congratulations on being a new TW owner.

Quote Originally Posted by RikR View Post
    How high can I go without altering cables
    If you buy handlebar risers (fixed or pivoting) about the highest you can go without altering cables is 2 inches.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Hi RikR! Welcome to the best site for information on the TW200 that you'll find. All are welcome here...even you newbies. I see you're getting a little bit of the cold shoulder so far, so let me help you out a little. First, calm down tiger! It's exciting, we know. There are a lot of great people on here with a lot of great information to share. And, they've shared it...multiple times in many cases. So, when some of the run of the mill questions like yours get asked, in three separate new threads asking the same question like you've done, I think there is some eye rolling by the regulars. It's appreciated when anyone, especially the newbies, try their best to search the site to find previous threads that have discussions about the topics you're after before asking the same thing again. When you search, or just browse the different topics, and you find a thread that discusses say raising the handlebars, if you reply in that thread it moves it to the top of that topic section. People see it, and everyone can add to that conversation, and it's all contained in one thread instead of that information being all scattered about. So, searching: the search box on the site works pretty good. Also, see a neat trick for searching through Google: HOW TO FIND ANYTHING ON THIS SITE

Finally, people get to know each other pretty quick here. So, help everyone get familiar with you and fill out your profile and put up an avatar picture. Again, welcome to the family. Good luck in your searches.
    Last edited by Leisure Time Larry; 08-17-2013 at 12:55 AM.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-54 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114folding shifter

Sponosred Links