TTR225 motor conversion parts.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: TTR225 motor conversion parts.

TTR225 motor conversion parts.

Have anyone seen this parts before?

This extention axle goes to TTR225 motor drive shaft. We can swap TTR motor straight into TW chassis. How easy to make 200 to 225!

I want to try one!
    lizrdbrth and Tw200eac like this.

Oopsie.

Last edited by lizrdbrth; 08-22-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

It could possibly be made from an extension shaft for the reduction box on one of the quads. Could be a well-used one-off custom part or O.E.M. on some bike we haven't considered before. It's obviously machined to mate up with our support bearing.

Sure would be interesting to know. It would have to be an extremely perfect fit to work out over the long haul, but potentially a real game-changer.

Last edited by lizrdbrth; 08-22-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
    Have anyone seen this parts before?

I want to try one!

Me too! Where did you find it?
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Interesting...
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Cool. But (sorry to rain on the parade) it won't work for us. The TW countershaft has a full length drilling that supplies oil to our outrigger bearing. No other shaft has that oil feed. Simply tacking this to the end of a TTR/XT countershaft will cause our outrigger bearing to run dry. Not good.

Roy
    2004 T-dub, 15/50-68 dual sprocket, modded carb, kickstart, weldment footpegs, EK o-ring chain, Shinko 241 front tire, Duro PG rear, Ride-on seal/balance f&r, Pro Taper bars w/ PG grips, folding mirrors, XT350 tank, f&r Cycleracks, Saddlemens gel seat insert, VisionX LED driving lights, TCI pan/guards, 230cc six speed engine/trans, Jimbo Shield (smoke); ongoing monkeyshinin'

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Cool. But (sorry to rain on the parade) it won't work for us. The TW countershaft has a full length drilling that supplies oil to our outrigger bearing. No other shaft has that oil feed. Simply tacking this to the end of a TTR/XT countershaft will cause our outrigger bearing to run dry. Not good.

Roy
    Roy, what about if a machine shop drilled through it for the oil feed to the outer bearing? Anyone try this? This looked so promising...

Thanks for share my interest. I found only picture, looks like used to exist for sale in Jpn or something. I have to dig it for more info.
    Guess all of you guys know already, I like it gives us lot's benefit with less labor. I want to have more clutch capacity and 6th speed trans easy.

lizrdbrth: I still don't know what is this piece from and Yes, this piece must need accurate and strong material made. Hopefully, I can get some more lead.

Roy & littletommy: It may need some modified for lubrication to outrigger bearing like you said. That sounds easier than all motor parts swapping. Maybe grease do enough job for that part, it just my lazy idea. I want to try first and see how it works.

The countershafts are hardened to somewhere around rockwell 60 (don't know actual number) after original machining. The machinist needed to use a die grinder with a super thin disc to machine in a mere snap ring groove. Grinding, not drilling.

I just took one more look at the XT shaft (identical to the TTR shaft) to make sure. On the opposite end (clutch side) there is a plug capping the drilling. Oil is fed into the shaft via a case oil gallery and a side drilling in the shaft. Oil exits the shaft at several locations along it's length to lubricate gears. On the sprocket end, it's a blind hole where the lathe centered the shaft. It would have been a small detail, but I would have liked to drill an extra oil hole in the TW shaft for the 6 speed. Machinist said "impossible".

Tumbleweed, Yamaha thought there was enough load on that bearing to give it positive oil feed and flow. They could have simply used a sealed bearing. I think the length of the shaft out from the engine- and the tension of the pulling chain- would yield a pretty large bending moment on the shaft.

I didn't think the engine work was hard at all. Parts and process could be streamlined fairly easily. Took roughly 10 hours to assemble, remove original engine from bike, install new engine. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Roy
    2004 T-dub, 15/50-68 dual sprocket, modded carb, kickstart, weldment footpegs, EK o-ring chain, Shinko 241 front tire, Duro PG rear, Ride-on seal/balance f&r, Pro Taper bars w/ PG grips, folding mirrors, XT350 tank, f&r Cycleracks, Saddlemens gel seat insert, VisionX LED driving lights, TCI pan/guards, 230cc six speed engine/trans, Jimbo Shield (smoke); ongoing monkeyshinin'

Hi, I understand what Roy wrote. that is ideal way, one piece shaft is best. And I'd rather have more oil feed but I'm fine if TTR running OK. We can enjoy TW many way and own purpose so, I just like this parts idea. Also doesn't matter to me about oil or grease lubrication for bearing. It's last century design motor, we can see some engine parts Yamaha should improve but they won't. They quit and released another bike like XT250. That's fine and that's why we have space for touch and mess something for joy. Hope you enjoy your TW.

I don't have any leads yet. will keep search. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links