Tankvest - I want it!
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lizrdbrth

Thread: Tankvest - I want it!

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)

Exclamation Tankvest - I want it!

Tank Vest
    It's a "tank bag" that basically is a tank bra that accepts any Alice or MOLLE attachment. Major versatility and ride customization.

I want one! Everyone else interested please, please email [email protected]. They will be deciding what bikes to build for next based on demand, so lets demand!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Probably not gunna happen. It's taken them quite awhile to come up with versions for just a handful of mainstream bikes.

I do have a Plan "B" which I'm gunna present to my local upholstery guy. Lots of vests and other items using the Molle system are becoming more available as surplus, so I'm going to have one cut up and fashioned into a tank cover.

r80rt likes this.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Lower Hudson River Valley of The Communist State of N.Y.
    I sent them an e-mail expressing interest. It took less than 2 minutes. Rubber side down, Dave

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Wow, I can buy a top notch chest rig and have enough left over for some pouches for the cost of a "tank vest".
    1987 TW200
    Cycleracks Rear Rack, Tinman Tim's Side Racks [THANKS!], Action Packer Rear Trunk, Texsport waterproof luggage, 20w LED Spot Beam headlight, LED Bulbs for Rear Brake Light and Dash/Speedo, 12v marine auxiliary port, Coleman Seat Pad, Alloy Boltz kit.

"I will prepare and someday my chance will come." -A. Lincoln

Hidden Content

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    So here's thier reply:

"Any chance you're near Winchester, VA or know someone with that bike who is? We would need to borrow the bike for a few days to make the pattern, and the donor gets a free tank vest as a thank-you."

I don't live near there so if someone who does is interested I'll pass on the contact info of who I talked to so you can get in touch with them.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

I use a Walmart camo backpack ($13) that's covered with molle straps as my tank bag.
    A bungie wraps around the steering head to the backpack's top carrying handle.
    The shoulder straps are disconnected and run down to the frame gusset plates above the foot pegs where they are attached with snap connectors.
    Your knees automatically keep it in place.
    It takes about 10 seconds to disconnect the one rear strap to slide the bag over for a fillup.
    I have 3 smaller pouches attached to the molle straps.
    I prolly have $15 in the setup, and it's worked well for many camping trips and several thousand miles.

Fieldline 1,249 Cui Tactical Patrol Backpack, Digital Sand Camo: Camping : Walmart.com

Lower Hudson River Valley of The Communist State of N.Y.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawgj View Post
    So here's thier reply:

"Any chance you're near Winchester, VA or know someone with that bike who is? We would need to borrow the bike for a few days to make the pattern, and the donor gets a free tank vest as a thank-you."

I don't live near there so if someone who does is interested I'll pass on the contact info of who I talked to so you can get in touch with them.

I got the same response. Somebody close to there should take advantage of that offer!

Sponosred Links