Just got my 2007 ALL STOCK TW200....
Close

Unhappy

I just got it and I need to do a little work, it has been used and abused and I am not a small dude, I am 6'2 326 pounds, and I was wanting to know. Can I lift it at all? Where is a good online place to buy mods for it? I am in need of a smaller rear sprocket, and I was wondering about carb mods that can be done to up the max speed... Thanks, and sory for the possibly dumb questions, This is my first bike, and my first discussion board,,,,

IMHO, fix all the "used and abused" aspects first. Ride the bike stock for awhile before you mod it. For instance, at 326 you'll probably find that you rethink the smaller sprocket. Depending on your riding requirements, going up a few teeth might give you the power bump you're looking for without the hit on MPG, etc.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    For instance, at 326 you'll probably find that you rethink the smaller sprocket. Depending on your riding requirements, going up a few teeth might give you the power bump you're looking for without the hit on MPG, etc.

Understandable, I appreciate your help, and I have read and worked quiet a bit since yesterday, and I agree with the ride it first, Mod it later... Now if I go up a few teeth on the sprocket, will it not go slower? Also, I am still looking for a online place to order TW200 parts, Because the closest cycle shop is almost 1 1/2 hours away from my home. Also, the clutch cable, and the battery are busted, and the cycle shop wanted me to come in and they "MIGHT" be able to help, but they arent even sure that they can order the clutch cable, I think that they are just trying to be smart-asses, and dont wanna help. What size battery do I need to buy? and which clutch cable? TY in advance

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

And can I lift the frame?

Discount parts from stadiumyamaha.com and dozens of other internet stores.

The TW battery is pretty rare. Better to fit an AGM from eBay for less than the price of an OEM.

Taller suspension can be had by swapping shocks and forks. Keep reading, the information is on this forum. If you are looking for more leg room go to an upholstery shop and have them sew up a waterproof cover for a pad of firm foam 2 inches thick, then stretch a Sterns ATV seat cover over that, then raise the handlebars a like amount (or a bit more for offroad use).

Sponosred Links