TrailTech Dashboard Indicator Wiring - Page 2
Close
    
    
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TrailTech Dashboard Indicator Wiring

  1. #11
    Senior Member Till Death Dual Us Sport™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Corona, CA
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice_Man View Post
    Thought Id bring this tread back to life. I've since wired everything up (turn signal indicators, high beam, etc), however I still can't determine which wires to connect to the "neutral" light on the TrailTech indicator (just a single LED light with two wires) to the bike wiring harness. I have tried a few different combinations using a common ground and either get nothing or end up blowing a fuse. Should I be doing something different, possibly a different ground? I tried looking at the Yamaha wiring diagram for the bike and can't really figure it out that way either. Any help would be appreciated.
    I've been working on mine for 2 days and can't figure it out! I've blown 8 or more fuses, sparks, and a bit of smoke. Horrible experience with this product. Looks like I might have to spend more money (and possibly cancel Moab because of it) and take it to a shop.
    Till Death Dual Us Sport YouTube Channel
    Hidden Content
    Stickers Available Through Link Below!

  2. #12
    Senior Member jtstdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fair Oaks, Calif
    Posts
    496
    When I installed mine I replaced the existing broken OEM speedo. I did not have any trouble wiring up the turn sig, power etc.. Used a DVM. Bummer that I did not take any pictures of the install. Several of us made our own bracket to hold the Trailtech.

    Yes it does have a resettable trip miles.

    0119190929.jpg
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Till Death Dual Us Sport™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Corona, CA
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by jtstdub View Post
    When I installed mine I replaced the existing broken OEM speedo. I did not have any trouble wiring up the turn sig, power etc.. Used a DVM. Bummer that I did not take any pictures of the install. Several of us made our own bracket to hold the Trailtech.

    Yes it does have a resettable trip miles.

    0119190929.jpg
    The speedo was fairly easy as it is all plug and play. The dashboard lights, specifically the neutral indicator is what I can't figure out. I also wanted to have separate left and right turn signals but got frustrated and gave up. Right now the six wires coming from the TW are wire nutted and taped up. I'm not a happy camper.
    Till Death Dual Us Sport YouTube Channel
    Hidden Content
    Stickers Available Through Link Below!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member jtstdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fair Oaks, Calif
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by Till Death Dual Us Sport™ View Post
    The speedo was fairly easy as it is all plug and play. The dashboard lights, specifically the neutral indicator is what I can't figure out. I also wanted to have separate left and right turn signals but got frustrated and gave up. Right now the six wires coming from the TW are wire nutted and taped up. I'm not a happy camper.
    Maybe this drawing might help..... I drew it so I could wire my Vapor.... It was not just a plug and play...hhahaaaa.

    Scan.jpeg
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

  6. #15
    Senior Member Till Death Dual Us Sport™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Corona, CA
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by jtstdub View Post
    Maybe this drawing might help..... I drew it so I could wire my Vapor.... It was not just a plug and play...hhahaaaa.

    Scan.jpeg
    I don’t see any pic. can you reupload please.
    Till Death Dual Us Sport YouTube Channel
    Hidden Content
    Stickers Available Through Link Below!

  7. #16
    Senior Member jtstdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fair Oaks, Calif
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by Till Death Dual Us Sport™ View Post
    I don’t see any pic. can you reupload please.
    Are or were you logged in. Can not see pictures if not logged in.

    I can see them..... Here ya go again.

    Scan.jpeg
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

  8. #17
    Senior Member Till Death Dual Us Sport™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Corona, CA
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by jtstdub View Post
    Are or were you logged in. Can not see pictures if not logged in.

    I can see them..... Here ya go again.

    Scan.jpeg

    I was logged in. Still can’t see the first one you posted but this one I can! Thank you. Going to see if this sheds light on any of my problems.
    Till Death Dual Us Sport YouTube Channel
    Hidden Content
    Stickers Available Through Link Below!

  9. #18
    Senior Member jtstdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fair Oaks, Calif
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by Till Death Dual Us Sport™ View Post
    I was logged in. Still can’t see the first one you posted but this one I can! Thank you. Going to see if this sheds light on any of my problems.
    Great, now gett'er done and head for Moab!

    Jim
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

  10. #19
    Senior Member jtstdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fair Oaks, Calif
    Posts
    496
    Did the drawing help a bit. I see that you are using the Trailtec now..... Is everything functioning now?

    Did you know that if the magnet on the hub and the pick-up aligns up the display will not turn off and it will kill the battery in the Trailtec? Just give you a heads up.

    Sure like your videos.. I can ride along with ya!

    Did you make it to Moab?

    Jim
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

  11. #20
    Senior Member Till Death Dual Us Sport™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Corona, CA
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by jtstdub View Post
    Did the drawing help a bit. I see that you are using the Trailtec now..... Is everything functioning now?

    Did you know that if the magnet on the hub and the pick-up aligns up the display will not turn off and it will kill the battery in the Trailtec? Just give you a heads up.

    Sure like your videos.. I can ride along with ya!

    Did you make it to Moab?

    Jim
    Still can’t figure out the neutral light. I’m pretty sure the neutral switch went bad. I have a new one ready to install during my next oil change.

    Thanks for the heads up! Good to know.

    Glad you’re enjoying the vids!

    I did not make it to Moab. So many things went wrong after I looped the bike. It ate up all of my Moab funds. Now I have a few stripped valve cover threads on the exhaust side. One is on the bottom so it looks like I’m going to have to pull the engine and install some Time-Serts. I might as well do all 5 while I'm at it.

    Hopefully I have the patience to complete the task
    jtstdub and Darth like this.
    Till Death Dual Us Sport YouTube Channel
    Hidden Content
    Stickers Available Through Link Below!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. WTB indicator lights housing/bezel
    By txarsoncop in forum TW200 Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2013, 08:10 AM
  2. Trailtech vapor on a drum brake (pre-2001) bike
    By jontow in forum Performance and Customization
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 05:59 AM
  3. Turn signal indicator out?
    By TW200_CA in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-26-2012, 04:54 PM
  4. Wanted-Insterment braket, speedo & indicator box
    By flailer in forum TW200 Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 08:14 PM
  5. Trailtech tachometer install....info needed.
    By frog13 in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2012, 05:27 PM

Search tags for this page

my tw200 high beam indicater light keeps blowing

,

trail tech vapor connector identification

,

tw200 dashboard

,

tw200 highbeam indcater light keeps going blowing out

,

tw200 wiring harness lights

Click on a term to search for related topics.