TrailTech Dashboard Indicator Wiring
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TrailTech Dashboard Indicator Wiring

TrailTech Dashboard Indicator Wiring

Hello All,
    I just purchased a TrailTech Vapor with Dashboard Indicator lights (turn signals/high beam/and neutral) for my 2010 TW200. Has any one had any experience wiring this up to the bikes stock wiring? Basically, which TrailTech wires go to which TW wires? I have removed the stock pilot box and speedo from the bike and I'm left with the bundle of stock wires with barrel connectors and a six wire plug from the connection to the stock pilot box. Any help is much appreciated

P.S. I have one turn signal indicator light for right and one for left set up on the TrailTech

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ice_Man; 11-06-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice_Man View Post
    Hello All,
    I just purchased a TrailTech Vapor with Dashboard Indicator lights (turn signals/high beam/and neutral) for my 2010 TW200. Has any one had any experience wiring this up to the bikes stock wiring? Basically, which TrailTech wires go to which TW wires? I have removed the stock pilot box and speedo from the bike and I'm left with the bundle of stock wires with barrel connectors and a six wire plug from the connection to the stock pilot box. Any help is much appreciated

P.S. I have one turn signal indicator light for right and one for left set up on the TrailTech

Sorry,I have no answer to your question, but I would be interested in your speedo w/ the resettable trip meter
    1994 TW

Had but regrettably sold a 1982 KZ1000R Eddie Lawson Replica

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Sorry,I have no answer to your question, but I would be interested in your speedo w/ the resettable trip meter
    The speedo, bracket, and pilot box are sold. I still have the speedo cable available.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ice_Man View Post
    Hello All,

PM one of these guys that have installed one. Or call tech support, I hear they are very helpful.

https://tw200forum.com/forum/performa...eedometer.html

It has been long enough ago that I did mine, but don't remember any problems getting it to work. I'm guessing I just used a test light and figured out what each wire on the bike's harness did and attached it to the Trail Tech indicator. I'll take a look and see what I find without disassembling it. I think yours probably looks like mine with the Neutral light (shown on), High beam, left and right turn signal indicators:

how do you like the night light, i herd there too bright and kill your night vison

Not so
    Greg

I put the. Vapor on my bike. Like it a lot. I just used a test light to determine what's what and soldered it up. ( put shrink tubing on the wire before you solder or you just solderd for nothing!
    Greg

Thought Id bring this tread back to life. I've since wired everything up (turn signal indicators, high beam, etc), however I still can't determine which wires to connect to the "neutral" light on the TrailTech indicator (just a single LED light with two wires) to the bike wiring harness. I have tried a few different combinations using a common ground and either get nothing or end up blowing a fuse. Should I be doing something different, possibly a different ground? I tried looking at the Yamaha wiring diagram for the bike and can't really figure it out that way either. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Ice_Man; 12-25-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links