anyone tried the fat triple tree?
Close
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    I found a post describing a mod (kit) of the front triple tree to give the TW a fat tire in the front just like the back. (click) https://tw200forum.com/forums/94385/ShowPost.aspx its a very expensive mod - i think around $1700 -so i guess there isnt much interest- but dam! has anyone at all installed this as an off-road mod and have photos?

Quote Originally Posted by Keystonestate View Post
    I found a post describing a mod (kit) of the front triple tree to give the TW a fat tire in the front just like the back. (click) http://tw200forum.co...5/ShowPost.aspx its a very expensive mod - i think around $1700 -so i guess there isnt much interest- but dam! has anyone at all installed this as an off-road mod and have photos?

You mean like this?

Sounds like a good opportunity to put a BW200 triple tree to use...

Might need some custom wheel spacers, and a brake drum stay adapter, but for $1700 it would be worth the hastle!
    2006 TW200, LED tail & turn signals, Clarke XT350 tank, hybrid YZ80 forks, CycleRacks rear rack, Ricochet bash plate, TTR225 header, eBay pegs, MSR high ATV bars, Tusk bar risers, Tusk handguards & deflectors, Tusk KX250 stainless brake line, XT225 speedo cable, 14/47 sprockets, Mule-pin seat latches, 130 main, 0.035" shimmed needle, TW34/M6006 meats.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TWrider View Post
    You mean like this?

Shock and Awe this is what the 25th anniversary TW should look like- and it does in my dreams. thanks for the photo - i want to be alone now.

That's Kyosuke's Bike ,one of our Japanese members, It is also a six speed

Quote Originally Posted by TWrider View Post
    That's Kyosuke's Bike ,one of our Japanese members, It is also a six speed

This is the baddest T Dub....anyone has ever seen. I say that wish confidence....non salary cap...
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

$1,700 would buy a really nice BW200 or a fair BW350. The entire front end (triple clamp, forks, axle, brakes, cable, lever, fender) would cost a fraction of that. Then, you would have a very simple bolt-on project that would run a 25x8x12 tire. The only fly in the ointment is the drum brake, unless yours is vintage enough to have one already.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. BigWheel View Post
    $1,700 would buy a really nice BW200 or a fair BW350.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

sure, it get's you 25 year old Yamaha technology, but why aim low? http://www.bikes4car...teDuneBike.html

Kyosuke san's bike may be one of the nicest dirt oriented builds, but I see room for further refinement...this is probably the baddest TW or at least most expensive

I will defer to BIG WHEEL, but I have heard that a "big" front wheel can create as many problems as it solves. Now our Friends in Japan I suspect have very little 'off-road' to enjoy, so some of what we see is not used in the way we think. I have heard that the really fat front wheels may look like 'serious off-road' equipment, but in fact, they can be a hand-full to deal with in many situations. I have been told that big wheels can grab ruts and be very 'hard' to pull out of.

It is a matter of what you are looking for. An off the lot HumVee looks pretty gnarly, but suspect no serious off-roader would have any desire to take one 'cross-country'. Just my opinion. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    I will defer to BIG WHEEL, but I have heard that a "big" front wheel can create as many problems as it solves. Now our Friends in Japan I suspect have very little 'off-road' to enjoy, so some of what we see is not used in the way we think. I have heard that the really fat front wheels may look like 'serious off-road' equipment, but in fact, they can be a hand-full to deal with in many situations. I have been told that big wheels can grab ruts and be very 'hard' to pull out of.

It is a matter of what you are looking for. An off the lot HumVee looks pretty gnarly, but suspect no serious off-roader would have any desire to take one 'cross-country'. Just my opinion. Gerry

This guy says as long as you don't plan on mx'ing it, then it makes a fine woods bike:

So, I tried it out in the dirt for the first time this past weekend and was very impressed! I was afraid I had created a dune only bike when I did this conversion, but it proved to ride just fine in the dirt too! I found a set of used stock Rhino tires and threw them on. I need to find a softer compound tire as these were so stiff I had to run them down to 5psi to get any traction out of them. The thing climbed hills like a billy goat! big rocks and root wads were no problem. Luckily these tires (25" tall) are taller than quad tires so I didn't fall too far into ruts and holes. I'll probably put a 26" or 27" on the front though just to make it even better. I also want to find a tread pattern that more closely resembles a dirt bike tire. The bike is definately heavier, I wouldn't ever try running a MX moto on it or anything. But, I did not ruin it for bombing through the woods!!

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...450R-%29/page7

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links