Does anyone recognize this?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi, does anyone recognize this tail cowl? has been doing a bit of internet searching but cant find one, any suggestions welcome...Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ledgesurfer View Post
    Hi, does anyone recognize this tail cowl? has been doing a bit of internet searching but cant find one, any suggestions welcome...Thanks

That looks to be a tw225 JDM tail cowl....but the model looks like a Euro market TW125 from around 2002-2003. Maybe a euro member would know if that cowl was available in Europe also... It looks different from JDM 225's in that it has some kind of (lower) fender and subframe eliminator, and a tinier tail light. Plus, I think the tank color is Euro only(on edit, maybe not, could just be lighting). Also note, your bike in that pic has a cut down seat, so there have obviously been some aftermarket modifications.

Here is a 2002 JDM TW225 from that era, note the JDM tail light:

Quote Originally Posted by TWrider View Post
    That looks to be a tw225 JDM tail cowl....but the model looks like a Euro market TW125 from around 2002-2003. Maybe a euro member would know if that cowl was available in Europe also... It looks different from JDM 225's in that it has some kind of (lower) fender and subframe eliminator, and a tinier tail light. Plus, I think the tank color is Euro only(on edit, maybe not, could just be lighting). Also note, your bike in that pic has a cut down seat, so there have obviously been some aftermarket modifications.

Here is a 2002 JDM TW225 from that era, note the JDM tail light:

On my 2004 UK model TW125 the tail cowl is the same as the USA model, the tank decals on the above bike are different to mine also. So I suspect it's a Japanese market TW225 with a modifided seat and what we call in the UK a "tail tidy", which is just a new number plate bracket and tail light assembly that gets rid of the big plastic mudgaurd extension. The indicators look different as well.

Edit. Sorry thats the wrong picture, it should be the picture the OP posted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hey thanks guys, does anybody know if the JDM 225 fender part is still available? or is it universal and maybe a tw125 fender may work here? Is there a link to JDM parts ?? thanks

I bought for my T-Dub this same tail cowl and side covers direct from Japan about 4 months ago. Cost was about $270 AU landed.

Quote Originally Posted by acev2 View Post
    I bought for my T-Dub this same tail cowl and side covers direct from Japan about 4 months ago. Cost was about $270 AU landed.

thanks for the reply, do you remember where from?

Quote Originally Posted by ledgesurfer View Post
    thanks for the reply, do you remember where from?

It's JDM (Japanese market only) any Japanese Yamaha dealer will have this, but they probably don't export. Your best bet is to find a Japanese friend and have them ship it to you

That tank graphic was only 2002-2003, they changed it in 2004 so that's why it's different...also certain colors were only available certain years. So you can sometimes tell by tank color. Red with flowers only available 2006, and only in Japan:

DAYTONA Cozy Sheets (COZY sheets) Model:45932

http://japan.webike.net/products/533308.html

Well it's definitely a JDM TW225 , you could of just given us the Webike address in the first place....

TWrider is right on the money. Japan didn't want to export to Australia , so I had a friend from Sth Korea order it for me , then he sent it to Australia to me. He chased the parts up for me so I don't remember where he got them from. What model are you putting the parts on ? The tail cowl required a mod to the frame to fit. The whole experience was a big muck around but I am happy with the look of the parts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links