Security breaches and password resets
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Security breaches and password resets

Security breaches and password resets

My patience is worn very thin from having to change passwords yet again due to security breaches.

Whatever the problem is you guys might wanna fix it fix it good and fix it now before this place hemorrhages even more members.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    '87, '90, 90 & '91 XT350's. It's a family thing, wife says its an enabling thing. Saving up for a TW of my own.
    Looking for anything Yamaha XT or related. especially a brake caliper and master cylinder.

I have not had this problem with password resets. I only had to change mine just the one time. Weird you are having this issue still.
    goldenhtr and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I get that message that I must change password often when attempting to log in. I don't actually change it, I've only changed it once. I've always been able to get on by trying my log in in a different place such as the right side bar on the home page instead of the log in button at the top right of each page.

Don't know if this will work for you. Hope this helps.
    jtstdub and jtomelliott49 like this.
    1988 TW200, 14/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, pilot screw extension 2.5 turns out, main jet slightly reamed, Shinko 241

Rin's law of addition: "If you take anything in the world (fear, love, widgets...anything) and add to it, then there will be more."

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Is this happening with computers or phones, tablets, or does it affect all devices?

Weebles, I logged out and tried logging in in the different places. Still works for me. Regardless, it does sound like there is an issue.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

It doesn't matter what machine I use. The only common denominators are (1) this site and (2) logging in. Today there was no password change required.
    '87, '90, 90 & '91 XT350's. It's a family thing, wife says its an enabling thing. Saving up for a TW of my own.
    Looking for anything Yamaha XT or related. especially a brake caliper and master cylinder.

I too have only had to update my password once, all went easy and now log in is quick. I use three different computers to sign in with and all is well. Have you added anything other programs to your computer lately that may have changed your personal settings? Maybe try logging in from a different IP address on another computer and see it that works for you?
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

Hey there

What message are you seeing when you sign in? Could you grab a screenshot please? There is a pop up message that will display if you enter an incorrect username/password, but for a proper login all the messages should be done.

Are you using the Remember Me function? Is the site still having you sign in again when you come back? Are you randomly being kicked off while browsing? Are you getting a failed login with the password you know is correct? Try clearing your cache and cookies - we are seeing some browsers are randomly pulling old cookies and not recognizing the new, correct passwords.

Let us know if this clears anything up for you, and please get us the message that you are seeing when you are asked to reset your password.

Dayle

Quote Originally Posted by Weebles View Post
    I get that message that I must change password often when attempting to log in. I don't actually change it, I've only changed it once. I've always been able to get on by trying my log in in a different place such as the right side bar on the home page instead of the log in button at the top right of each page.

Don't know if this will work for you. Hope this helps.
    This is what I do... I do not log in with the home window log in that is in the center. I log in with the one on the right side...

The way each of the login's work is different!

Jim
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

hey there,

As dayle requested, can you get us a screenshot for us? please and thanks. we will look into this and get it sorted out for you.

~Shane

I haven't changed my password but did have trouble a while before this issue came up. I can still log in. I use the right hand side on home page, and use the remember me feature. I don't even know why we need to worry about passwords and such on a forum like this. I'm not going to expose my banking info here. I do, however, have issues with my computer slowing or freezing on here. I'm the least capable when it comes to computing.,,, Oh, and maintaining my batteries.lol
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links