Classified feedback sub-forum?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Classified feedback sub-forum?

Classified feedback sub-forum?

On a lot of forums, there is a buyer feedback thread, or even subforum.

Advantages to a subforum is buyers/sellers could have their own username thread, and all sellers/buyers who interact with them can leave specific feedback on a thread which can be linked in one's signature. With a thread at large, one is required to search for a username in a giant thread if they want to check out a seller/buyer's feedback. The subforum idea means this can be easily found in a sig block.

I know the classified section is not the main focus of this site, but just thought I'd throw this idea out there in case it's able to be done.
    scotti158 likes this.

I believe our forum is more friend oriented then most and the last thing I'm going to do is tarnish my name. I've sold and shipped items to members before I even received the funds. I would be cautious to ship anything to a new member who appears to be hiding there identity.
    I'm not sure if you noticed that most of us sell our items way below the price that you can find them on eBay.
    That said I don't think we need a feedback Sub-forum.
    Last edited by TopPredator; 09-27-2016 at 04:10 AM.
    Fred, Joemama, WERA689 and 6 others like this.

Hey there

If you are having trouble with a certain member, you can bring it to the attention of the mod team to look in to for you. Even on sites that do have the feedback, the moderators are the ones to step in to revoke permissions in order to keep the rest of the community safe from interacting with the particularly-negative-feedback members. And for the more enjoyable deals that have gone down, I'm sure a mention of that member in your build/project thread when you install the part would not be out of line

Dayle

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

TopPred - I see your point. This is, in many regards, a very fraternal forum with many long-standing members who have no need to know that each other are good to go: such information has been known for years in some cases. But for example, user Tuna is fairly new. How would he know that yourself or someone else is 100% good to go? Moreover, he has recently sold some items and it was a GREAT transaction from my perspective. I'd love to be able to make that known to anyone, especially newer users, who might do business with him in the future. dcbakr78 offered to send me the boots he is selling for me to try for sizing before paying, and just send them back if they don't fit. Where else does such a transaction happen? That's a 225 dollar bet on CS1983 being trustworthy (I am). PlacerLode sent out the Jimbo windshield on my word that I'd mailed the money order. And you know what? If that darn thing fails to make it to him, I'll send another. Perhaps this idea seems good because the only other forums I participate on are gun forums, and the nature of the items being sold on there are high dollar (like, 3k dollar scopes). Just an idea. It might be gilding the lily. That's really up to the mods to decide I suppose.

VSAdmin - I've had no problems with anyone. The idea is more along the lines of letting any and all users, not just old timers, know that User X is good to go and can be trusted in a deal, especially one which might involve need for a part to be sent before payment arrives.
    Last edited by CS1983; 09-28-2016 at 10:45 AM. Reason: edit

Most of us post a post in the original thread after we buy/trade/sell parts to another member thanking them or voicing any concerns. This has so far been very effective. If a newbie (no offense meant) ripped off a member in a transaction, I'm pretty sure the rest of us would posse up and go get him!!

Quote Originally Posted by CS1983 View Post
    TopPred - I see your point. This is, in many regards, a very fraternal forum with many long-standing members who have no need to know that each other are good to go: such information has been known for years in some cases. But for example, user Tuna is fairly new. How would he know that yourself or someone else is 100% good to go? Moreover, he has recently sold some items and it was a GREAT transaction from my perspective. I'd love to be able to make that known to anyone, especially newer users, who might do business with him in the future. dcbakr78 offered to send me the boots he is selling for me to try for sizing before paying, and just send them back if they don't fit. Where else does such a transaction happen? That's a 225 dollar bet on CS1983 being trustworthy (I am). PlacerLode sent out the Jimbo windshield on my word that I'd mailed the money order. And you know what? If that darn thing fails to make it to him, I'll send another. Perhaps this idea seems good because the only other forums I participate on are gun forums, and the nature of the items being sold on there are high dollar (like, 3k dollar scopes). Just an idea. It might be gilding the lily. That's really up to the mods to decide I suppose.

VSAdmin - I've had no problems with anyone. The idea is more along the lines of letting any and all users, not just old timers, know that User X is good to go and can be trusted in a deal, especially one which might involve need for a part to be sent before payment arrives.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I just wish people would be honest. I have only been ripped off here once and it was from a guy who is fairly well regarded. I won't go into details but there are arse holes and doosh bags everywhere. I think it would be a good idea to have ranking system.
    2005 Husqvarna 55R21HV
    1995 Kitchen Aid KSM90WW
    1989 Husqvarna 50, 300 Yr Anniversary Edition.

Well DA – that’s the problem right there.

On one hand you say he’s a “fairly well regarded” person, on the other, you suggest he’s a “doosh bag” – and let’s face it, he’s unlikely to be both.

This is the problem with a rating system – it can only ever reflect one person’s experience on a single transaction, which may work for Fleabay, but more than half the negative comments there are refuted by the seller. Because this site works on a more “personal” level, this can only end in a pissing match, (and it would be a bit unfair if we didn’t allow the seller a right to reply).

If someone sells an item on here and does you wrong, word gets around soon enough without a rating system – and if you feel aggrieved you could point it out to a mod. But as a private transaction between two individuals, there’s little we could do about it, unless the evidence stacks up from different sources over time, and even then, you’d be dragging the board into what is after all a private agreement. The guy’s name would be mud long before we get there.

So – there will always be a winner and a loser in an argument over what happened – and who will be the judge ?

No sense in starting a war over spilt milk – otherwise, Paypal is your friend ………
    admiral, WERA689 and littletommy like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Hey guys,

Thank you for all of your feedback.
    There is a plug in that allows members to give feedback to specific members, and it is shown on their profile.
    Here is the plug in: Major Additions - iTrader v2.8 - Powerful Rating System - vBulletin.org Forum
    And here is an example of said plug in on another site called archerytalk.comremoved link)

We can look into adding this in, it would first need to be brought to the mod team for them to look over before we go ahead.
    How does everyone feel about this? Any feedback?

Richard.

Archery site is asking me to login (sign up) so I can't view what you are pointing too.

I say NO we do not need this.

The bad comments will outweigh the good comments.

Disgruntled buyer forum members should be in PM phase with seller forum member that has done them wrong to work out any bad deal. Should not be in open forum...unless said seller was an ass about the deal. Then buyer could "out" the seller. If not worked out, take 'em to court if it's that bad.

If and when a buyer has outed a seller here on the forum it can cause other forum members to then "take sides". We don't need more hate and discontent than we have already seen on this forum in the past. But some people can't help themselves!

Alex, NO is my final answer!

P.S. I will never offer to help something between a seller and buyer again!
    littletommy, Mrs. Admiral and Fred like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I say no also. Most of the transactions that take place are between the regular and known/trusted members. It would only create problems. We take care of our own here. If someone gets ripped off, we'll git em!!! As Admiral pointed out, solve the problems by PM's not on the open forum.
    admiral, WERA689 and Jon62602 like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links