• 1 Post By WERA689
  • 3 Post By phelonius
  • 2 Post By WERA689
  • 2 Post By Smitty Blackstone
  • 2 Post By WERA689
  • 5 Post By mhomadness

Thread: Problem replying to post with quote

Problem replying to post with quote

Seems that when I try to respond to a post with a quote from someone else's post, it don't work...I click on reply with quote, & it just seems to go into a perpetual buffering loop?Sorry, I gotz to get out the door to work, & will try to provide more details later.Bahl Dee everyone! m.

Quote Originally Posted by mhomadness View Post
    Seems that when I try to respond to a post with a quote from someone else's post, it don't work...I click on reply with quote, & it just seems to go into a perpetual buffering loop?Sorry, I gotz to get out the door to work, & will try to provide more details later.Bahl Dee everyone! m.
    Seemed to work ok?

A minute ago I had to sign out and delete everything to get to the last page of a thread, but it seems to have worked

Delete cookies, history, cache - the lot - and try again when you get back - if the problems persist let us know and we'll flag it ....
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    A minute ago I had to sign out and delete everything to get to the last page of a thread, but it seems to have worked

Delete cookies, history, cache - the lot - and try again when you get back - if the problems persist let us know and we'll flag it ....
    There is a known issue that seems to require some very specific parameters to manifest itself. When replying with quote, and dropping down two lines to initiate your reply, the space bar won't register. This is happening on several versions of the vBulletin software. The solution, until vB implements a more permanent one, is to click the a/A button at the top left of the reply box before typing your response.

If this isn't the issue you're having, please provide more details of the issue you're running into, with info about the browser you're using, the OS (mobile, desktop, Win or Mac). Any screenshots of the problem would also be helpful.

Thanks
    Neil
    littletommy, mhomadness and Purple like this.

The above said, I had no problem replying with quote to this thread.
    littletommy likes this.

I have had situations where I would type in a reply, click on post quick reply , then an hour or so later when I came to look, it would not be there.
    Sometimes it happened on reply with quote. But my biggest bitch is in my own computer. I have to take the time to carefully re-read anything I type and make corrections because the auto correct often substitutes its' own words for mine, sometimes changing the meaning of the post. Whoever invented auto correct should be hung up by the thumbs and left to rot, just like they did it in the old days.
    Phelonius

I don't know which browser you're using, but in Chrome, you can set it to highlight possible spelling errors, without actually auto-correcting anything. On mobile, yeah...I have to double check everything I type on one of my Android devices.
    littletommy and mhomadness like this.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Had a Vb issue where all of the typing just started going backwards. The cursor would stay in one place and the words would flow off to the right of it... backwards.

Not seen it for some months now.

Can't say I've seen that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post

HOLLY CRAP!!! I did this and now everything works?? wtf?? Anyway I'm happy again!

Thank you everyone, very much appreciated m.
    Fred, SanDue, Purple and 2 others like this.

Sponosred Links