Notifications do not load
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Notifications do not load

Notifications do not load

This has been a lingering problem for about a month. I played around with various settings but I am unable to resolve.

If I click to see my notifications it starts to load and then hangs about 1/2 way through with the proper page but no data/notifications list.

Macbook Air, 10.12.2... OS Sierra.
    Both Firefox and Safari browsers.

I am not sure if this all started happening when I upgraded my OS from Yosemite to Sierra.

All other functions work with the TW forum.

Not seeing any other websites/forums that are experiencing any issues..

Thanks for any help..

Jim
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

Throw away your Apple iTool and buy a computer. Problem solved.
    Purple, socalnative and Jon62602 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by methamphetasaur View Post
    Throw away your Apple iTool and buy a computer. Problem solved.
    Hay, after working in the mainframe IBM computer world and electronics for over 50 years and not partial to Apple this MacBook Air has rocked!
    I have MS machines around the house... 2 other laptops and 1 desktop... I prefer the Mac for mobility.

I do not have to pay a fortune for anti anti anything either unlike MS...

So I will test notifications on my MS laptops and see what gives....

Thanks so much for your sarcastic solution.

Jim
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

It may be the OS - trying to get more info on the other thread - but lots of things not loading properly here (slow connection)
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Cars low on the theft list are not better secured. They are less poplar and therefore their parts are worth less. No up and coming programmer is wasting their time writing a Trojan, worm or simple virus for 1% of the personal computer market. There are Mac OS virus' but you don't hear about them because so few get it. Like stolen Alfa Romeos.

that alfa romeo splashed all over the super bowl was a pretty good looking car.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I'll take a Mac any day. I worked as MS programmer for 6 years and windows sucks.
    Mac is based on UNIX not some Bill Gates bloated OS.
    If you are going to run Linux, then go for a cheap Windows machine.
    Just because the masses use something does not make it better. Remember Beta vs VHS?
    At work I have a surface pro 3 - what a piece of junk; what was I thinking when I could have had an macbookair? I use my iPad mini more as it is stable.

I took my 8 year old iMac and returned it to snow leopard and it is faster than my new Mac mini.

Jtstdub try Opera as a web browser, if that does not work see if you can go back to the previous OS or the original OS the Mac came with.
    littletommy and jtstdub like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Only mentioning this to help narrow down a cause. I have not experienced the same problem as the OP is having with notifications not loading.

Whether it sucks or not, the system I've been using is PC with MS in Chrome or IE Browsers, no problems opening or viewing in either browser. I am also not having notification problems viewing notifications on my iPhone either.
    Purple, littletommy and jtstdub like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Me neither – but with a woefully slow connection speed (25Kbs), sometimes the options don’t load first time round, so some problems are difficult to detect

Thanks for the input though Admiral – means the problem is likely to lead back to the OP rather than the site itself, though we try not to leave people stranded …..
    littletommy, admiral and WERA689 like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Ok, today I saw that I had Notifications, did not go look at them. I fired up the Windows 10 Laptop and Notifications worked...

I will add this!!!!!!!

It did take quite a while to get notifications to load! 30 seconds or more!

While waiting for notifications the same message was displayed that displays when my MAC hangs!

"Connecting to optimize-by-rubicon projects.com".....

I will be reverting to the Yosemite OS in a day or so to check this as EJFRANZ has suggested.

Jim
    ejfranz likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links