• 5 Post By Fred
  • 7 Post By VSAdmin
  • 4 Post By Badgerflorida
  • 3 Post By Badgerflorida
  • 2 Post By WERA689
  • 2 Post By VSAdmin

Thread: Some Avatar and Profile Pics Upside Down

Some Avatar and Profile Pics Upside Down

While trying to change avatar and profile pictures, some show upside down after loading. Is this just me? Advice appreciated. Thanks and Cheers

Also - the Walmart gift card pop up is very frequent. I clear my browser history and do restarts but keeps coming back. Just me?

iPad Pro and iPhone 6 on latest OS updates.

PS - I called My local WalMart and they refuse to resolve this - lol
    littletommy likes this.
    01 street 203/204
    96 hybrid Shinko 241/428
    89 restored SOLD

Try running “AdBlock” for macs – it blocks most ads, and prevents “pop ups” on your device – and I suspect this is a “pop up”

It’s normally caused by a cookie – so make sure you have cleared your browser cache (which it sounds like you have done) – but also cookies – this is most likely where it’s hiding waiting to spring back out again

As for the pics upside down / sideways – no idea – it may be a specific problem with your device

What I can offer you, is if you PM me with your email, I can then establish a comm link, and then pick up any pictures from email and put them onto your profile as required ……
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Nice. Thanks Purple. I’ll do that later today. Cheers
    littletommy and Purple like this.
    01 street 203/204
    96 hybrid Shinko 241/428
    89 restored SOLD

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

FWIW, I've seen a LOT of reports about iOS mobile devices uploading pics in the incorrect orientation. I have NOT seen a reliable fix for it.

Neil
    littletommy and Badgerflorida like this.

Make sure you give Purple your Social Security and password numbers too.
    Just teasing.
    Purple is OK, I would trust him with my TW keys...just a long as I had another bike to go chase him.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerflorida View Post
    While trying to change avatar and profile pictures, some show upside down after loading. Is this just me? Advice appreciated. Thanks and Cheers

Also - the Walmart gift card pop up is very frequent. I clear my browser history and do restarts but keeps coming back. Just me?

iPad Pro and iPhone 6 on latest OS updates.

PS - I called My local WalMart and they refuse to resolve this - lol
    As for your pictures loading upside down: This happens because the forum software is unable to read the EXIF data that is imprinted on the photo when you take it.

The EXIF data holds a lot of information, which includes orientation of your photo. Many programs are able to read this, and that is why you see it displayed upright in some places, but many others still are not.

This is a good article that explains all of this: https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why...ectly-rotated/

The gist of it is, the phones are designed to work like a digital camera. Holding your digital camera flat, in landscape, is the 'base line'. Developers used this 'base line' in the following way for mobile devices:

Apple users: hold your phone with your VOLUME buttons DOWN.

Android users: hold your phone with your HOME button to the RIGHT.

It's completely against common sense since the volume button is used as a shutter button, so you would think the volume button should point UP! But that is how developers worked it out, so when you hold your phone upright, in portrait, it is the same as turning your digital camera 90 degrees to the side, to take a portrait photo. Since the forum cannot read the data that tells it which way you are holding your phone, it displays plainly from the 'base line' - whichever side your volume buttons are on will be the bottom of your photo (so if you take a photo with your volume buttons facing UP on your phone, the photo will display upside down when you upload it here).

There is not currently any plugins or hacks that we've come across that can allow the forum to read the EXIF data at this time.

As for your pop-ups:

The next time you see these ads, we'd need the following:

1.What device you're using.
    2.The OS/browser you're using.
    3.Your general location.
    4.The URL of the ad, you can get this by right clicking the ad and clicking "copy link address". You can also click "inspect" and copy the highlighted text.
    5.Screenshot

Once we get that we can send it to our tech team and get them to investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ed

That is great info. Thanks for taking the time to explain. And this confirms my problems. I always hold my iPhone volume buttons down when taking pics. The only pics I’ve had upside down problems with have me in the picture, so whoever I handed my phone must have done the opposite.

Purple - I ended up finding pics that would work for me, but I greatly appreciate your offer.

A+ for support on this one. And I learned a bunch that I’ll pass along to many other. Cheers
    01 street 203/204
    96 hybrid Shinko 241/428
    89 restored SOLD

Not a single pop up today. But I’ll provide the info if it happens again.
    Purple, WERA689 and littletommy like this.
    01 street 203/204
    96 hybrid Shinko 241/428
    89 restored SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by VSAdmin View Post
    As for your pictures loading upside down: This happens because the forum software is unable to read the EXIF data that is imprinted on the photo when you take it.

The EXIF data holds a lot of information, which includes orientation of your photo. Many programs are able to read this, and that is why you see it displayed upright in some places, but many others still are not.

This is a good article that explains all of this: https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why...ectly-rotated/

The gist of it is, the phones are designed to work like a digital camera. Holding your digital camera flat, in landscape, is the 'base line'. Developers used this 'base line' in the following way for mobile devices:

Apple users: hold your phone with your VOLUME buttons DOWN.

Android users: hold your phone with your HOME button to the RIGHT.

It's completely against common sense since the volume button is used as a shutter button, so you would think the volume button should point UP! But that is how developers worked it out, so when you hold your phone upright, in portrait, it is the same as turning your digital camera 90 degrees to the side, to take a portrait photo. Since the forum cannot read the data that tells it which way you are holding your phone, it displays plainly from the 'base line' - whichever side your volume buttons are on will be the bottom of your photo (so if you take a photo with your volume buttons facing UP on your phone, the photo will display upside down when you upload it here).

There is not currently any plugins or hacks that we've come across that can allow the forum to read the EXIF data at this time.

As for your pop-ups:

The next time you see these ads, we'd need the following:

1.What device you're using.
    2.The OS/browser you're using.
    3.Your general location.
    4.The URL of the ad, you can get this by right clicking the ad and clicking "copy link address". You can also click "inspect" and copy the highlighted text.
    5.Screenshot

Once we get that we can send it to our tech team and get them to investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ed
    That was one of the most helpful, informative posts I've ever seen about this problem! Thanks Ed!!

Neil
    littletommy and goldenhtr like this.

Yup no problem!

Let us know if you guys need anything

Cheers,

Ed
    littletommy and WERA689 like this.

Sponosred Links