How is this useful?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How is this useful?

How is this useful?

This seems to be worse at times than others...don't know why.

After logging onto the site, I opened three tabs for threads I wanted to read. Initially, the OP entry was shown for a bit, then all three tabs went blank but for the forum header information. For over three minutes I watched garbage link after garbage link 'load' in the progress window: linksynergy, adsrver, scorecard, doublclick, googleads, vidibletv, sptxchange, adnxs..... They didn't stop, no forum content loaded.

I gave up, closed all the tabs.

Granted, money to run the site has to come from somewhere, but MINUTES of nothing but BS loading? Sure, if I was on something other than a 1.5Mbs line (most fastest there is 'round here), all that junk wouldn't be so bad.

But, I'm not.

And, no. I am not ready to 'Meet up Your Princess,' (sic) and I am not interested in a 'New love-Story (charmerly.com)...which happens to be displayed as advertising on this particular page.

Can some of this tripe be trimmed?

CC; I've never had anything like that on here, other than a ticked off member who was able to infect the site. Thought at first you might have been the first hit with something new on the forum - but then realized you said that sometimes it is worse than others. So this has been happening to you for awhile. Others will chime in if it has been happening to them. Otherwise it may somehow be related to your set-up. In either case - contacting the forum administrator may help.

Never seen anything like that from my end neither. Never heard about it until now either.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Install a ad blocker.
    Dryden-Tdub and PlacerLode like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Clear cache cookies and browsing related junk - install and run adblock - job done .....
    JerseyJeeper likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Clear cache cookies and browsing related junk - install and run adblock - job done .....
    Quote Originally Posted by old w/?? View Post
    CC; I've never had anything like that on here, other than a ticked off member who was able to infect the site. Thought at first you might have been the first hit with something new on the forum - but then realized you said that sometimes it is worse than others. So this has been happening to you for awhile. Others will chime in if it has been happening to them. Otherwise it may somehow be related to your set-up. In either case - contacting the forum administrator may help.
    Which forces me to mention something that will bring on a few, 'Well! What does he expect!!??':

Consider that ad blockers that might not work on newer browser versions, that are intended for use on antiquated no-longer-supported OSs, may well (they do) cause 'unresponsive script' problems when applied to newfangled stuff.

It is a strange occurrence, notwithstanding the above. More often than not, it doesn't happen. It's not happening now. Every once in a while, BAM! It all turns to stool.

Adblock works just fine to block all adds on latest macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 using both Safari and Chrome browsers. Perhaps try it and see if it it works for you as well as it does for most all of us.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I'm sorry. I forgot that I have AdBlock; which may be why I haven't gotten them.

Likewise on pc. I'm an admitted google fanboy, and have been using Chrome since it was in beta. The current Chrome version with adblock works well, and I see no issues with the site. I've also been testing Mozilla Brave, which is being marketed as an evolution in trim/privacy invoking browsers. So far, it has done really well too. I'd give either of those options a shot, if you can, and see if things get better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by canyncarvr View Post
    This seems to be worse at times than others...don't know why.

After logging onto the site, I opened three tabs for threads I wanted to read. Initially, the OP entry was shown for a bit, then all three tabs went blank but for the forum header information. For over three minutes I watched garbage link after garbage link 'load' in the progress window: linksynergy, adsrver, scorecard, doublclick, googleads, vidibletv, sptxchange, adnxs..... They didn't stop, no forum content loaded.

I gave up, closed all the tabs.

Granted, money to run the site has to come from somewhere, but MINUTES of nothing but BS loading? Sure, if I was on something other than a 1.5Mbs line (most fastest there is 'round here), all that junk wouldn't be so bad.

But, I'm not.

And, no. I am not ready to 'Meet up Your Princess,' (sic) and I am not interested in a 'New love-Story (charmerly.com)...which happens to be displayed as advertising on this particular page.

Can some of this tripe be trimmed?
    Should not have this much trouble viewing content on the site. Can you tell me if you are on mobile or desktop? what browser are you using?
    -Philip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links