Pics= attachment invalid
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Pics= attachment invalid

Pics= attachment invalid

Why are all the attached images showing up as invalid tonight? Is this a problem with firefox 60 release? I see an "attachment xxxxxx" in blue as a link where the pic(s) should be. When I click on it, it says "invalid attachment". The after "Attachment" xxxxxx is usually a number.

I know other people are seeing the attached pics because they are commenting and liking the pics.

Forum software problem. Use go advance button to add pic.
    Elvesus and Purple like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

For the few pictures I've posted over the last few months, I've 'gone advanced' and previewed the pics first. I get the attachment error for large file sizes (my phone image size defaults to around 4 Mb). Reducing them to 2-3 Mb seems to help.
    Purple and Tweaker like this.
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

This isn't about posting pics. There is no problems there. This is about viewing pics that have been posted by other members. They show up as links. When I click them to view, the forum responds with " invalid attachment".
    Elvesus likes this.

The previous poster has probably mucked it up - it's nothing to do with firefox ....
    Tweaker and WERA689 like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Right, I’ve had a closer look, and the pictures you can’t see (but everyone else can and have commented on) have since been edited by the poster in one case, and posted incorrectly in the other case (invisible to all), and no-ones commented on it

If the poster edits a post, it will now work – if a poster has incorrectly posted a pic, it will continue to show as an invalid attachment

So – the only pics you can’t see now (presuming you’re cleared your cache and cookies), are the ones that have been incorrectly posted in the first place

We’re getting more and more incorrectly posted pics with new members joining every day who have yet to find their way around this site

The obvious solution would be to disable/remove the pic posting link on the “quick reply” tool bar, but despite suggesting to VSAdmin that they get onto this, they seem to be struggling …..
    ben2go likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

We're working on it. We recently (finally) got permission to do just that. Testing on another site with the same problem and the same software. We almost have it, but disabling ends up disabling half the other functions from Quick Reply.

Kevin
    WERA689, Purple, ben2go and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Right, I’ve had a closer look, and the pictures you can’t see (but everyone else can and have commented on) have since been edited by the poster in one case, and posted incorrectly in the other case (invisible to all), and no-ones commented on it

If the poster edits a post, it will now work – if a poster has incorrectly posted a pic, it will continue to show as an invalid attachment

So – the only pics you can’t see now (presuming you’re cleared your cache and cookies), are the ones that have been incorrectly posted in the first place

We’re getting more and more incorrectly posted pics with new members joining every day who have yet to find their way around this site

The obvious solution would be to disable/remove the pic posting link on the “quick reply” tool bar, but despite suggesting to VSAdmin that they get onto this, they seem to be struggling …..
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by VSAdmin View Post
    We're working on it. We recently (finally) got permission to do just that. Testing on another site with the same problem and the same software. We almost have it, but disabling ends up disabling half the other functions from Quick Reply.

Kevin
    This is good to hear. I normally post pics from Flickr, but having them onsite helps them stay onsite.
    VSAdmin likes this.

I create a text only post then select (post quick reply) exiting. I then edit the same post and upload my pictures. It works for me

Here’s a deer my daughter shot last month in Hawaii

B6438EF4-BEF5-4DB1-A6A2-1684FA43CCC9.jpeg
    Last edited by TopPredator; 05-14-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    Fred likes this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links