Diary of my a custom TW 200 build - Page 14
Close

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Diary of my a custom TW 200 build

Sir, you have serious skills! That bike is outstanding!
    catamount likes this.

Really love how it turned out.
    Cant wait to mod mine...

Hey, guys! Remember me? After trying in vain / half-heartedly sell the bike this summer, I've decided to keep it for the time being. I want to make a couple more modifications (namely, add turn signals) and undo others (starting with replacing the rear Blaster shock with my OEM shock).

So, tonight I swapped shocks. I have a 5-year old now and I thought that this bike would be much more approachable for backyard lap ridding with the original shock. Plus, there is just something so right, and so easy, about the original suspension. I might get some black fork boots, and I'm not sure I like the big chrome headlight anymore. We'll see what the winter brings!

IMG_7961.jpgIMG_7962.jpgIMG_7963.jpgIMG_7964.jpgIMG_7966.png
    Xaman, WECSOG, Mel and 5 others like this.
    Check out my custom TW200 build Hidden Content .

TTR225 SS header, FMF Turbine Core 2 pipe, EK o-ring chain, 15T front sprocket, 50T rear sprocket, 20W fork oil, Drag Specialities speedometer, Victory Vegas headlight, Acerbis universal supermoto front fender, Vintage Yamaha chrome gas cap, Integrated LED rear tail/turn/brake light, Yamaha Blaster shock, Pro Taper SE ATV High handlebar, Western Powersports off-road handguards, Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite grips, Over-sized foot pegs, Maxxis 6006 front tire, seat cover from eBay seller mac32756.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I loved reading all of this and seeing the pictures. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

hey catamount,

missed this last post of yours by several months... yours was one of the first full build threads, and still one of the best. i'm glad you ended up keeping you bike, that enables future posts of your continued mods and adventures.

thanks for the vicarious inspiration and popcorn consumed.

joe band

ps: always meant to ask: are there lots of çuçuarana in your area, hence your name?
    Sthrnromr likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    ps: always meant to ask: are there lots of çuçuarana in your area, hence your name?

Hey Joe! Vermont used to have them (some think we still do), and they are the mascot of our state university.

joeband likes this.
    Check out my custom TW200 build Hidden Content .

TTR225 SS header, FMF Turbine Core 2 pipe, EK o-ring chain, 15T front sprocket, 50T rear sprocket, 20W fork oil, Drag Specialities speedometer, Victory Vegas headlight, Acerbis universal supermoto front fender, Vintage Yamaha chrome gas cap, Integrated LED rear tail/turn/brake light, Yamaha Blaster shock, Pro Taper SE ATV High handlebar, Western Powersports off-road handguards, Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite grips, Over-sized foot pegs, Maxxis 6006 front tire, seat cover from eBay seller mac32756.

Hi Catamount, just finished reading your build thread. Great write-up, thank you for posting!

I just picked up a 2013 tw200, "mostly" for my kids to learn on. 😉 They've been blasting around on a Honda z50r, then a Yamaha ttr90 and Honda xl100s.

My son is turning 12 this month, and my daughter is 15 already! Man how time flies; she'll be riding and exploring with me next summer!

My advice: keep the bike! The years fly by and you will be kicking yourself if you let it go!

Also, suggestion for next mod? Foot pegs in front of the engine. My 4 year old rides (only on trails, of course) in front of me on my dr650 and holds onto the middle of the handle bars. Right now he puts his feet on top of mine, but that'll be my next mod: a good place for him to put his feet!

Cheers!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Sponosred Links