Newbie - Hollow Mod questions - Help required.
Close

Newbie - Hollow Mod questions - Help required.

Hi to all on the TW forum.

I have just picked up a 2002 TW125. She is standard at the minute but I am looking to do a few subtle mods to her. Mostly for aesthetic reason.

I would be grateful if anyone can give advise on these particular questions. This has probably been asked many times but I am looking for sound piece of mind from someone who has possibly done these mods.

1/ I wish to do a hollow mod - am I correct in saying that for the engine crankcase breather I need the k&n 62-2480 or similar. And for the air filter the k&n rc-1350 or similar.

2/ Do these simply attach on to the original areas of the bike where the oem parts are or do I require more parts for fitment?

3/ I presume I will need the carb balanced/re-jetted due to more air flowing through the engine?

I am sorry if these seem like silly questions. But the only maintenance I have ever done on bikes are an oil filter and air filter change, spark plug change, brake bleed and pad removal. This is going to be my first project and hopefully I can get some help/advice from some of the forum members.

Thanks in advance.

Cris - Scotland

Welcome to the forum Cris! I can't advise you on hollow mods except I do know you will have to rejet the carb for sure. Hopefully some members here will comment on your questions.

Meanwhile, if you would like to see many pages of hollow mods, I have a link with 16 pages of all kinds of modded bikes, perhaps you can get some ideas from them for your project. Enjoy, and again, welcome.

http://tiwiecustom.blog4ever.com/blo...-141362-1.html
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Hey Tommy the link is not coming up for me.
    Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Your right, it didn't. It does come up from my original post though. Here it is, look for the link in my first post.

https://tw200forum.com/forum/off-topi...llow-mods.html

Try this and let me know.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hi tommy.

Thanks very much for your feedback.

Cris

No problem Cris. Enjoy the forum!

Sponosred Links