What aftermarket shift levers fit?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What aftermarket shift levers fit?

What aftermarket shift levers fit?

Some of you already have protective riding boots and others here are just getting them. That's me. Just got a nice pair of Fly Maverick boots that go up to just below my knees. They fit and feel good and will help when those branches jump up and smack my legs.

The boots are stiff and will take a lot of time to brake them in but now I can't catch under the shift lever because the boots just don't go there. I am not sure if I can pull the lever off and reposition it on the shaft a few teeth up or if it has a set notch that it must line up with. I also think a longer lever would be a much better option and one I might be able to bend a little to fit my needs. Lots of companies make aftermarket shift levers but I can't find what ones fit the TW.

You guys who ride with protective boots know exactly what I am dealing with so please chime in and make some recommendations.

Thanks

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

20140506_142600.jpg20140506_142425.jpgJust got this one for my 87. Looks about an inch longer as you can see. I think it is going to work well with my boots. $23.35 shipped on ebay.
    Mattwings likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    ........ I am not sure if I can pull the lever off and reposition it on the shaft a few teeth up or if it has a set notch that it must line up with. .......
    GaryL
    The shaft has a cutout for the pinch bolt all the way around in the middle, so the lever can be positioned anywhere it will not hit a part of the bike when actuated. I'm a size 11 and never felt like I needed a longer lever after adjusting it up one notch. Now, one with a hinged end, that's something else again. I've bent mine but not too badly and just bent it back....that was 6,000 miles ago. I have a stock replacement lever in my kit, but the way I ride it may never be needed.
    bad luck likes this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

outlaw racing yz250f lever is what I have with my size 11 mavericks. It works great for me. They are available with colored tips (that's what sold me on it).
    -tcepilot Hidden Content
    --- Psalm 23 Verses 4-5 ----

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil,
    for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed
    my head with oil; My cup overflows. (New American Standard Bible)

I bought a pair atv maverick atv boots and after a few rides with my yz shifter could not deal with it. I tried wearing them for a few hours, squatting, extending, standing it hot water. I finally gave up and sold them. I just couldn't deal with the stiffness. It was like trying to walk in snowboarding boots. So I bought a new pair of Alpinestars tech 7's and am super happy with them. Expensive but worth it... Out of the box they are more flexible than the mavericks after about 12 hours of break in. And they keep getting better! I can actually walk down a set of steps without only using my heels (you guys with the mavericks know what i'm talking about).
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStateCrawler View Post
    I bought a pair atv maverick atv boots and after a few rides with my yz shifter could not deal with it. I tried wearing them for a few hours, squatting, extending, standing it hot water. I finally gave up and sold them. I just couldn't deal with the stiffness. It was like trying to walk in snowboarding boots. So I bought a new pair of Alpinestars tech 7's and am super happy with them. Expensive but worth it... Out of the box they are more flexible than the mavericks after about 12 hours of break in. And they keep getting better! I can actually walk down a set of steps without only using my heels (you guys with the mavericks know what i'm talking about).
    I am with you PSC, don't think the boots will be staying here after the ride tonight. I honestly believe that for my riding style I will be better off with the shin and knee guards and just wearing my Rocky boots. I run my bike in to back woods fishing holes and then would have to switch boots on the stream. These Fly Mavericks are a very nice and comfortable boot with great protection but I don't think they are right for casual TW riding. Better suited for down and dirty MX riding. I definitely need shin protectors because all those fallen branches love jumping up and smacking my legs.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I am with you PSC, don't think the boots will be staying here after the ride tonight. I honestly believe that for my riding style I will be better off with the shin and knee guards and just wearing my Rocky boots. I run my bike in to back woods fishing holes and then would have to switch boots on the stream. These Fly Mavericks are a very nice and comfortable boot with great protection but I don't think they are right for casual TW riding. Better suited for down and dirty MX riding. I definitely need shin protectors because all those fallen branches love jumping up and smacking my legs.

GaryL
    These are what I wear and think they are a perfect dual use boot. ROCKY® Prowler 16'' Non-Insulated Waterproof Snake Side-Zip Hunting Boots for Men. Bass pro shops and they are even on sale right now. Let me know what you think. I dont even feel small sticks or limbs wearing these.

Tom

Gary L the boots you have are MX up to knee boots or did you get new ATV boots?
    Last edited by ZDR1; 05-06-2014 at 08:26 PM.

I looked at some of your photos your type of riding a good hiking boot might work for you. I ride in the harsh AZ desert it will kill you if you let it!

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    Gary L the boots you have are MX up to knee boots or did you get new ATV boots?
    Fly Maverick MX, up to the knee. Nothing is wrong with the boots other than them being stiff and not very good for walking once I get off the bike to fish. I would think anyone doing serious hard riding would love the protection they afford but they are not for a casual rider such as me doing dual sport, ride in to fish type activities. I ordered a pair of Fox Racing Titanium 2014 Knee/Shin protectors that will work better with my Rocky boots and can pop off when it is time to walk the stream and fish.

Anyone who needs a size 9 in near perfect, lightly used condition drop me a PM before I return them to my pal.

GaryL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links