My First Fall
Close

Thread: My First Fall

Today is the first day it has not rained in southern California in a week, so i decided to take my bike out. When I was slowing to make a turn my bike skidded. So i panic in fear of hitting the curb of other motorist. I slammed the brakes and turned, skidding and falling in the process. I damaged my taillight and engine makes a buzzing sound. Any ideas, advice, help on the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by LBtire View Post
    Today is the first day it has not rained in southern California in a week, so i decided to take my bike out. When I was slowing to make a turn my bike skidded. So i panic in fear of hitting the curb of other motorist. I slammed the brakes and turned, skidding and falling in the process. I damaged my taillight and engine makes a buzzing sound. Any ideas, advice, help on the problem.

Unless you tweeked your engine side covers in the fall, it's very likely that you loosened something else up in the fall and it's resonating, rather than your motor. Check your subframe to see if it's tweeked and make sure your airbox, fender, skidplate, exhaust and plastic are firmly attached and aren't buzzing on the frame somewhere, etc. Press down on the tank and various parts while you're riding and see if you can isolate the noise.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

My fall resulted in busting pieces loose inside of what was a pretty rusty muffler. I wound up buying a good used OEM replacement muffler via Ebay and junked the old one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guy but I'm not sure what it could be. The engine won't start at all, blinkers don't work, and my headlight is really low.

Thanks guy but I'm not sure what it could be. The engine won't start at all, blinkers don't work, and my headlight is really low.

PM'd you. Check your mail.

Where in Socal are you that it isn't raining? I'm building an ark up here.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Did you dump it on the lift side and prang the case cover into the rotor?

Sponosred Links