NAPA Oil Fiter
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: NAPA Oil Fiter

NAPA Oil Fiter

Good Morning All.

I just got off the phone with our local NAPA parts dealer. I told him I wanted to order 2 oil filters; NAPA part # 7934 or Wix part # 57934. He went to his computer and told me that no such part or part # is in the NAPA inventory. He also said he checked oil filters for a 2013 Yam. TW 200 and came up with nothing. What's the deal? Any suggestions

Mark

Croatoan

Will the stock brass screen filter do a good enough job? That's what I would rather do since it came with one and like you said I can just clean it.

Mark

Thanks Croatoan. Yes, I use Mobil 4T. My oil filter is not pleated. Should I get a Yam. pleated, screen filter or just keep the one I have? Sorry if I'm bugging you about this.

Mark

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I got 3 pleated ones for $18.50 from Amazon.com with free shipping. It took about a week to get them in the mail. Here's the link, hope it works:

Amazon.com: 3-PACK OIL FILTER YAMAHA TW200 TW-200 TRAILWAY 200 1987-2010 2014: Automotive

Good luck!
    TW-Brian likes this.

Croatoan:

I am still using the original filter (cleaned several times) since the bike was new. I have 4,200+ miles on it. They were more expensive (about 9 bucks apiece) and there was no free shipping option to Alaska, unless you went with the 3-pack.

With the nearest Yamaha (motorcycle) dealer about 800 miles away, I figured I'd get the price break by going this route. Now I should be able to go several thousand miles without looking around for a filter again.

I just changed clothes for some TW maintenance...Oil and filter change, lube and tighten my chain, check cam chain adjustment, and maybe adjust the valves--if it don't start raining. If you don't see me on here later today whining and asking questions, it must have been a good day for me!

Take care.
    Fred and TW-Brian like this.

Thanks you 2. I'll pick up pleated Yam. filter b4 the next change. RIDE ON! Mark

The WIX 57934 is a "pleated" brass screen. I have one right here. Comes with an O-ring for the cover. They are not inexpensive ($9.00?) but they are right here in town. O'Reilly's Auto Parts here in Montana. I don't need to wait for shipping. However, now, I have enough (2) for life.

Thanks fishguy.

I'll call O'Reillys' in the morning. They are 10 miles away, the Yam. shop is 45.

Mark

Go to your nearest NAPA or LORDCO (whoever deals in K&N filters in your area) and pick up a K&N 143. It is a pleated version of the stock filter...totally cleanable.
    Have used this type for over 25,000 miles....

http://www.knfilters.ca/search/product.aspx?prod=KN-143
    Last edited by TW_in_BC; 05-19-2014 at 12:48 AM.

Mark, you may want to stay with dino oil before switching. I have read several posts here where people recommend 2,000 miles so the parts set better. That's the way I am doing it with my 2013.
    ~ Brian

Life's too short to be in a hurry... Ride a T-Dub Hidden Content

2013 TW200
    2004 VTX 1300
    Hidden Content The Spirit of the Lizrd Rolls Forever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links