tall people
Close

Thread: tall people

i'm 6'4'' and love the bike but a little cramped...has anyone added foam and reskinned there seat...i'm thinking about 4'' of softer stuff...will the stock cover work or will i have to have one made?

also does anyone make a lowered peg for this bike? i love this thing just trying to make it fit...

thicker seat and add some bar risers that would probably make a big difference.
    not a TW owner but i play one on this forum.

I actually made a similar post just the other day. I am happy with the seat height (I'm 6'2") with the seat cover on, but I am doing the handlebar risers. One more suggestion, if you have the problem I do with the mirrors only reflecting your arms and not much else behind you (I'm also a bit on the "wider" side), you can purchase a set of mirror risers/extenders. I just ordered mine the other day, and they have yet to show up. Once I get them, I'll make a post on this site.

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hello Tkrrox,

Are you aware the shock/coil spring are adjustable? There are three (3) positions. U.S. bikes are sold with the adjustment in the center position. To raise the bike a small amount. remove the coil spring and move the circ clip to the next higher position. I just did this and I estimate it added a 1/2" to the ride height.

Hope this helps.

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by dhoenisch View Post
    I actually made a similar post just the other day. I am happy with the seat height (I'm 6'2") with the seat cover on, but I am doing the handlebar risers. One more suggestion, if you have the problem I do with the mirrors only reflecting your arms and not much else behind you (I'm also a bit on the "wider" side), you can purchase a set of mirror risers/extenders. I just ordered mine the other day, and they have yet to show up. Once I get them, I'll make a post on this site.

Dan
    Speaking of bar risers, what risers are you using?

Also, where did you get them and do you like them?
    2001 TW200 4500 miles

I use the tusk univeral risers, from Rocky Mountain ATV. There wasn't as many choices back when I did mine. If I was doing it now I would serious look at Rox Rox or Tusk New Tusk
    Regards...Wes
    In the Stable: 73 Honda CT90,81 Honda CT110,81 Honda CT70,04 Yamaha TW200,07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

Quote Originally Posted by immgunn View Post
    Hello Tkrrox,

Are you aware the shock/coil spring are adjustable? There are three (3) positions. U.S. bikes are sold with the adjustment in the center position. To raise the bike a small amount. remove the coil spring and move the circ clip to the next higher position. I just did this and I estimate it added a 1/2" to the ride height.

Hope this helps.

Marty

did you notice it doing anything to the geometry....i know with my dirtbike, it will actually change the handling traits...

Sponosred Links