Need a carburetor for a 92 tw200
Close

Need a carburetor for a 92 tw200

I had my uncle give me the bike I learned to ride on. It is a 92 tw200. I pulled the carburetor. When I tore it down to clean it the insides are gummed up so bad that nothing I have tried has removed it. Plus the throttle needle is stuck. I am wondering if anyone has a carburetor for sale or has any advice on what I need to do. Plus I also need a gas tank petcock valve.

Here is something that might help. LINK
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

ebay, there is a posting rather recently in this forum for it and the OP had good results. Cost is around $30 although it may require slight modification. I havent tried it with the TW, but I did frankenstein one into another 90cc bike and it was jam up! My 87 carb was resurrected with about $100 in parts, a gallon of Berrymans carb soak, a drill and bit and a tap. If i had known what carb to try from ebay it would have been a no brainer.

Found the thread: https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...cheap-too.html

good luck
    87 TW200 the little beast lives and breathes- FIRE!
    00 TTR125
    03 DRZ400E
    06 TTR125
    06 DL650

Quote Originally Posted by hellwig View Post
    ebay, there is a posting rather recently in this forum for it and the OP had good results. Cost is around $30 although it may require slight modification. I havent tried it with the TW, but I did frankenstein one into another 90cc bike and it was jam up! My 87 carb was resurrected with about $100 in parts, a gallon of Berrymans carb soak, a drill and bit and a tap. If i had known what carb to try from ebay it would have been a no brainer.

Found the thread: https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...cheap-too.html

good luck
    That $30 carb was so inexpensive, I bought one. Just to look at it. It will work (with lots of other stuff) but its not as well built (Duh!) as the OEM TW. Face it.

The petcock is fairly inexpensive right from Yamaha or you can buy them on the auction site. Carburetors are a different story all together. New ones cost around $250 and are a good way to go when the carb you have is shot. I would not buy a used carb on the auction site simply because they usually go for $100 + and you will have to rebuild it any way and you never know the real condition of any used carb until you dig in to it. Sometimes cleaning can work and ultrasonic machines seem to work well. Not all carbs can be cleaned and rebuilt successfully. Usually if it is just gummed up there is hope while serious coorsion is good cause to give up.

Feel free to post here or contact me through PMs if I can help. I have been where you are on a few of these old style carbs and with lots of help from members here and lots of time spent inside of them I can probably guide you. Pictures help and you can find the schematic parts brake down at any of the on line vendors such as Partzilla or Stadium Yamaha. I have posted many pictures in past threads as has member Jbfla.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links