TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Fork squeak?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  btrnrsntfl 
#1 ·
I noticed a sound coming from the front end of my wife's 2012 TW that sounds like a cross between something tapping the fairing and the scrub of rubber on steel that only happens when the fork is cycled pretty hard. I haven't found any loose parts or anything out of the ordinary with the front end and the sound seems to be coming from the fork seal area. The forks operate normally and the bike has only 250 miles on it, 112 when we picked it up so I doubt it is wear or anything similar. Anybody else ever experience this?
Is it possible that sitting for two years dried out the fork seals?

#3 · (Edited)
I have twin 2012's and this is the only one that does it out of the pair. Here is the sound:

I pulled the boots and the seals look good. Should I not worry?

ETA: The other one makes the noise too, just half as loud. On a not so related note, the bikes appear to be 37 bikes apart, if you discount the 9th "check" digit in the VIN. Small world...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.