Reassembling Carb for 2010 TW- ref plug ( item 21 )- is it a press fit??
Close

Reassembling Carb for 2010 TW- ref plug ( item 21 )- is it a press fit??

I need assistance to determine if the small black plug, which shows up on the official Yamaha TW200 schematic as item 21. It is in the port next to the Pilot jet and Main jet. When I was cleaning the main carb body in my ultrasonic cleaner I noticed a small black plug in the bottom of the cleaner. Not sure what the function of the plug is. I think it goes as I described above, but it is not a tight fit. Do I need to bond the plug in place and if so what adhesive should be used? There is a post in the lower float body that seems to be just above the plug cavity, so I am not sure it that is what is supposed to hold the small plug in place. Or should I just order a new plug and wait another 7 days to put it back together ?
    I am going to install a #130 main jet and a #34 pilot jet and turn the pilot air jet out about 2 turns for a first shot.
    Thanks for your help,
    Frank

You do need that little plug in place, without it your choke wont work at all. On one of my TW's the prior owner had removed and discarded that plug and the result was a non working choke.. I made a new one by trimming down a peice of a rubber stopper and so far its worked prefect. I found a small plug at the hardware store, jammed it in the hole and trimmed it flush.

Either way if yours is falling out i would replace it or make a new one. i supose you could try a fuel proof glue like this one Seal-All Adhesive Product Information although i would be hesitant about putting glue in my carb....
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

JB, thanks for the clarification- going to the local Yamaha dealer in the morning to see if they have the plug in stock. Got one more question for you- the small brass tube in the float bowl that is about 1 1/2 inch high--- does it act as some type of vent or drain? I don't think mine is clear. Do I have to push some type of wire down it to clear??
    thanks,
    Frank

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by biker44 View Post
    JB, thanks for the clarification- going to the local Yamaha dealer in the morning to see if they have the plug in stock. Got one more question for you- the small brass tube in the float bowl that is about 1 1/2 inch high--- does it act as some type of vent or drain? I don't think mine is clear. Do I have to push some type of wire down it to clear??
    thanks,
    Frank
    usually thats the overflow tube on carbs, I haven't gotten into my TW carbs yet so I can't be sure.

Sponosred Links