TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

2008 TW does not want to start.

867 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  frog13 
#1 · (Edited)
The battery is new and at full charge. when cold it acts like the starter is trying but not a quick spin. a lot of clicking from the starter relay . I purchased this bike used and it had sit for a while. Pilot was plugged and had to replace the float valve seat do to leaky o-ring. Once the bike is started and warm it will start fine. Tried searching for starting problem but could not find anything.

#4 ·
Question: did you charge the battery yourself when you got home from buying it? Shops will sell you one and tell you it is all charged and ready to go, then you pop it in and it never seems to be quite up to par or doesn't last long. Is it the same battery that the bike came with before sitting a while? Did the starter relay click before it was stored or the battery replaced/charged? If the connections are all tight everywhere, with it clicking like that, it sounds like the battery is bad or going bad. I would say take it out and take it to a battery shop that can load test it. I'm thinking it's the battery. When you buy a battery (wet or dry) charge it before using, always.

Reactions: admiral and 671tdub
#6 ·
Plus I got the wife on it tonight in a parking lot. Her first geared motorcycle ride. She is going to love this little bike. First is clutch training started her on slight downgrade, then made her work on starting on an incline.

thanks again, I'm not new to wrenching on bikes just new to ones with a battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.