What causes the exhaust pipe to get very hot instantly?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What causes the exhaust pipe to get very hot instantly?

What causes the exhaust pipe to get very hot instantly?

Been working on our 89 tdub and we have noticed that the exhaust pipe gets super hot very quickly
    My 2013 doesn't heat up fast like that
    Is this this normal?
    Im talking about the front of the pipe,close to where it connects to the head,about where it bends
    Thanks for any info....
    2013 TW200 Ims super stock pegs,zeta pro bend xc hand-guards,manrack,zeta muffs,Gerbing ultra light heated gloves

Is it clearing the back of the muffler properly? By this I mean is the spark arrestor clogged up and the exhaust is not flowing out of the muffler easily.

Tom

It's running leaner than the other.
    50short likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

If I put my hand back there its making it out ok. tried removing the spark arrestor, but the phillips screw is stripped. Thinking I may drill it out to inspect
    2013 TW200 Ims super stock pegs,zeta pro bend xc hand-guards,manrack,zeta muffs,Gerbing ultra light heated gloves

Im not sure Tommy,im new to all the carb stuff. i have a rebuild kit on the way. Gonna have a yamaha guy rebuild it for me

If he adjusts everything right, it should purr like a kitten and won't get so hot. Keep us posted. Might want to check the valves along with the carb work.
    50short likes this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdnon72 View Post
    If I put my hand back there its making it out ok. tried removing the spark arrestor, but the phillips screw is stripped. Thinking I may drill it out to inspect
    My bike is 5 weeks old and I had to drill mine out. I had the correct screwdriver bit and when it would not budge I warmed it up a bit with a torch which did not help. I can't believe for a bike that you will pay $5,000 for Yamaha is sooooo cheap with some of the hardware.

Tom

It already purs like a kitten Tommy... Choke it in the morning,starts rite up! Then rite to half choke for 10 seconds then no choke idles nice and low and quiet
    I also purchased the manifold to carb sealing o-ring to go along with the carb rebuild. I bought the carb rebuild kit and the diaphragm kit from pro cycle.
    All that stuff will be here on Saturday.
    Im gonna drill out that screw and inspect that arrestor for sure. Also gonna remove my screw from the arrestor on my 2013 and hit the threads with anti seize before its too late!

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    It's running leaner than the other.
    I agree with Tommy. Pull your sparkplug and check for evidence of a lean running condition.

B-dub and FishByte like this.

Good call on the procycle rebuild kits. I got mine there and did it a few months ago. Bike runs better and faster than I ever thought possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdnon72 View Post
    It already purs like a kitten Tommy... Choke it in the morning,starts rite up! Then rite to half choke for 10 seconds then no choke idles nice and low and quiet
    I also purchased the manifold to carb sealing o-ring to go along with the carb rebuild. I bought the carb rebuild kit and the diaphragm kit from pro cycle.
    All that stuff will be here on Saturday.
    Im gonna drill out that screw and inspect that arrestor for sure. Also gonna remove my screw from the arrestor on my 2013 and hit the threads with anti seize before its too late!
    Holdnon72 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links