Who has the answer?
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GaryL

Thread: Who has the answer?

Who has the answer?

Is the right side lever perch where the mirror screws in to a left hand thread?

If it is left hand thread does any company make an after market perch that is threaded in standard right hand threads but will also accommodate the brake light switch?

Thanks

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

if it is LH thread, not sure if this helps, but a lot of companies make adapters to convert from LH to RH

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by gamorg02 View Post
    if it is LH thread, not sure if this helps, but a lot of companies make adapters to convert from LH to RH
    This is probably the easiest solution. It's LHT for a reason, if you hit something with the mirror it will loosen and spin instead of breaking.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Right side mirror is the left hand thread, there is usually a notch cut around the nut on right side mirrors to identify it as a left hand thread on Yamahas. Another solution besides the adapter would be a heli-coil insert. If it was me, I would stick with a left hand thread mirror for the same reason as rbm, hit something and it will break the mirror, break the perch, or strip it out.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Gary, Procycle has a left hand thread converter for just what you want to do. $10 plus shipping if I recall. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    this is probably the easiest solution. It's lht for a reason, if you hit something with the mirror it will loosen and spin instead of breaking.

yes!!!.

Im with scotti158

Quote Originally Posted by scotti158 View Post
    Right side mirror is the left hand thread, there is usually a notch cut around the nut on right side mirrors to identify it as a left hand thread on Yamahas. Another solution besides the adapter would be a heli-coil insert. If it was me, I would stick with a left hand thread mirror for the same reason as rbm, hit something and it will break the mirror, break the perch, or strip it out.
    Look at the bottom of this page under SIMILAR THREADS
    Norm in Arkansas
    2006 TW , Kick Starter , Shinko 241 front 4;00/18 ,Vesrah HD clutch springs. Carb jet Kit, Amsoil 10-40 , ALLSBALLS steering head bearings, Jimbo shield. Zeta drop -down bend handguards
    Ricochet skidplate from IMMIX RACING , BIKEMASTER Supersport mirrors XT350 fuel tank , member big foot pegs

Honda XR 600 , KTM 300 , BMW 1100 gs , 327 Cushman Truckster , KTM 625 SXC . Ural with sidecar

Quote Originally Posted by greenbomb View Post
    Im with scotti158
    I am with everyone on this with one exception. After market mirrors have the RH threads and those dumb assed thread converters are pure junk. Instead of spinning as it should have it just broke leaving me with a stud I had to drill out and that is how the threads got messed up. Keep in mind the mirror never hit anything, just took a jolt, but the thread converter was the weak link being an inch higher and softer aluminum.

My recommendation is to only buy new mirrors that come with right side reverse threads and avoid those converters.

GaryL
    Concho likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I just used Ebay myself. Just got two new mirror clamps and two new mirrors. The mirrors came with several different adapters to fit all types of threading. I didn't use the converters myself but you can hold on to them for future quick fixes. They are probably what you are looking for. Here is what I got. and this for mirror. I hope it helps.

Sponosred Links