LED turn signals anyone?
Close

LED turn signals anyone?

Just picked up my first TW. 2008 model. It did not come with the turn signals, however the wiring is intact. I would like to install smaller than factory LED lights, as they are a bit brighter and the area I want to explore on my bike is pretty brushy. Has anyone had any luck installing LED's on there ride? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

These guys have everything you will need to do the led conversion Yamaha TW200 Parts and Performance - ProCycle

You might just wanna go with the 4 mini halogen turn signals on the pro cycle website. If you go led then I'm pretty sure you need a diode kit and a led flasher

Im sure someone will chime in that has done the led turn signal conversion
    Last edited by Holdnon72; 06-17-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    2013 TW200 Ims super stock pegs,zeta pro bend xc hand-guards,manrack,zeta muffs,Gerbing ultra light heated gloves

rbm
    I have the TuffLites (sp?), they are near indestructible. You will need a solid state flasher to maintain the legal blink rate.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

i picked up a pair of mini stalk lights from cycle pro. protected under the cyclerack, i haven't broken another one since, two years running. on sale they were $10
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Put LED's on the wife's TW, pretty inexpensive to do. after I got them in I was confused as to why they all turned on and did not blink! Then I realized a digital flasher was needed, then with that installed they all blinked! I took out the dash indicator and replaced it with a small LED and it worked wonderfully. If you don't want and LED on the dash you can just take it out or play with the resistance. All in all under $50 on ebay for all the stuff.

Sponosred Links