Differents between CA and Normal Carbs?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Differents between CA and Normal Carbs?

Differents between CA and Normal Carbs?

I just ordered a new Carb from partzilla and it was back-ordered. Now they are about to ship it out but they replaced it with a 2000 CA model (I have a Non-CA 89 Model but there email says replacement under new Carb coding). Is there anything I should be concerned about? I understand the CA ones have a vapor canister but by the looks of it they are not sold as a Carb part and the piping for the canister isn't sold in the Carb assembly.
    Does that effect the carb at all without it on? Or is it one of those things that the normal Carbs vent out into the surrounding air and us Non-CA could care less?

Suppose to be this
    This is what they are sending me

Here is what the Diagram is showing me.

carb.jpg

By the looks of it everything is the same except for the addition canister piping that I can buy. Anyone one have idea if that's correct? Also just got to 100 posts! Thou I got nothing on Qwerty or anyone of that caliber.

Well I got it in and it looks the same except for the new choke plunger graphic (mine just said choke). My next question since I have only rebuilt the same original 89 carb in the past, is there anything I need to do to prep the new carb? Should it just mount up and fire up?
    I have to say I have never seen such a clean carb in my whole life....strangely smelled clean too. Unmolested by gasoline or varnish.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Can you wait and get a NON California Model ?? Always jetted too lean Remember Fienstien . Polloszi . Boxer all come from California . NOTHING good comes out of there. One of the reasons I left the state
    small's and KingVolcano like this.
    Look at the bottom of this page under SIMILAR THREADS
    Norm in Arkansas
    2006 TW , Kick Starter , Shinko 241 front 4;00/18 ,Vesrah HD clutch springs. Carb jet Kit, Amsoil 10-40 , ALLSBALLS steering head bearings, Jimbo shield. Zeta drop -down bend handguards
    Ricochet skidplate from IMMIX RACING , BIKEMASTER Supersport mirrors XT350 fuel tank , member big foot pegs

Honda XR 600 , KTM 300 , BMW 1100 gs , 327 Cushman Truckster , KTM 625 SXC . Ural with sidecar

Quote Originally Posted by greenbomb View Post
    Can you wait and get a NON California Model ?? Always jetted too lean Remember Fienstien . Polloszi . Boxer all come from California . NOTHING good comes out of there. One of the reasons I left the state
    Lol, I wish. If someone could tell me a key difference in them I would send it back but this part was listed as a replacement part for the 89 Non-Ca one I ordered (i didn't choose it but it was automatically swapped). So I can assume partzilla knows their parts.

From looking at your two diagrams, it looks like the Cal carb has a loop trap on the overflow and the Normal carb does not. The loop trap is attached down low by the skid plate. A Cal carb has a hose going to a vapor canister. The Normal carb probably has that port caped off. It is my understanding that Cal carbs are jetted one jet leaner than Normal carbs. If I were in your situation, depending on your elevation, just rejet if you are at low elevation and leave it as is for higher elevation. Regardless, remove the plug on the bottom and open the pilot jet a little bit. There really is nothing wrong with a Cal. carb, just jetted and vented a little differently.

Joemama

I have found that CA carbs are one jet size larger to compensate for the evap canister.

I quess I had that backwords. In that case I would be happy with what was delivered. Still open the pilot jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemama View Post
    From looking at your two diagrams, it looks like the Cal carb has a loop trap on the overflow and the Normal carb does not. The loop trap is attached down low by the skid plate. A Cal carb has a hose going to a vapor canister. The Normal carb probably has that port caped off. It is my understanding that Cal carbs are jetted one jet leaner than Normal carbs. If I were in your situation, depending on your elevation, just rejet if you are at low elevation and leave it as is for higher elevation. Regardless, remove the plug on the bottom and open the pilot jet a little bit. There really is nothing wrong with a Cal. carb, just jetted and vented a little differently.

Joemama
    The normal Carbs have a hose coming out of the overflow too but they don't go anywhere but in between the swing arm. So it doesn't get caped off. This CA Carb I got doesn't come with the Vapor Canistor parts/hoses making it just a normal carb. So that overflow line too would get put between the swing-arm. If that's what I have gathered so far.

Are you guys saying the CA jets are different compared to Non-CA on the New Style Carbs or the Old style? or Both? After looking up the jet sizes they are the same in the old style (2000 and below)...according to the diagram part listing.
    * Pilot jet 40
    **Main 114
    Here is the Direct Link To The 89
    And the 2000 CA -Model
    They are both listed under part# 11 and part# 14
    I am just trying to cover my ass right before sandwich that bad boy between my legs and fire it up. So let me know if I am wrong yet.

I say go for it Poopy on Fienstien
    after looking at both on partszilla I can see nothing to stop you
    anyway I would if it was mine
    Look at the bottom of this page under SIMILAR THREADS
    Norm in Arkansas
    2006 TW , Kick Starter , Shinko 241 front 4;00/18 ,Vesrah HD clutch springs. Carb jet Kit, Amsoil 10-40 , ALLSBALLS steering head bearings, Jimbo shield. Zeta drop -down bend handguards
    Ricochet skidplate from IMMIX RACING , BIKEMASTER Supersport mirrors XT350 fuel tank , member big foot pegs

Honda XR 600 , KTM 300 , BMW 1100 gs , 327 Cushman Truckster , KTM 625 SXC . Ural with sidecar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links