Ignition Relay Part Number
Close

Ignition Relay Part Number

Hi all, I recently figured out I have a bad relay on my 87 TW. I've looked at the wiring diagrams, and found that it is the "ignition ckt cutoff relay", not the "starting ckt cutoff relay". The part number that seems to be printed on the relay is faded beyond legible. I've looked on a few oem parts sites but can't figure out what the part number for it is. Is there anyone here who could help me? My Internet is so slow it makes extensive browsing and searching extremely frustrating. Here's a poor quality wiring diagram.
    Zack

With further testing I now realize I need both relays. It's odd for both relays to quit like that, but I have confirmed that both are indeed bad. That simplifies the process of searching for the relays through oem parts sites if I can get both at once, as I no longer need to know which of the two relays to buy.
    Zack

The thing that confused me so much in this whole deal was that I always thought that this bike was a 1993 by looking at the tank colour and plastics until I checked the frame number. 1992. Then when I got into the electrical system things weren't lining up so I checked the part number on the wiring harness. 1987. :/ The previous owner must have really pieced this thing together.

So one last question I have out of curiosity. Is the stator any different between the 87 and 88? I know the cdi is.....
    Zack

Sponosred Links