Third Wrench & (probably no) Ride - TW Tech Day - July 12
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Third Wrench & (probably no) Ride - TW Tech Day - July 12

Third Wrench & (probably no) Ride - TW Tech Day - July 12

This coming Saturday, July 12th, there will be another Wrench (but probably no) Ride beginning at 10:00am at my place in Pleasanton, CA.

The primary objective will be to replace Bananachunks' (George's) leaking base gasket. Elime (Tony) has graciously agreed to provide his experience and expertise to help accomplish this task. Anyone is welcome to participate, assist, observe, fetch tools/beverages, criticize and/or offer unnecessary and unwanted advice. Since we are not sure how long this project will take, there will be no planned ride unless there is sufficient interest.

If anyone has other TW projects that they would like some assistance with, or would just like to meet some other forum members, please plan on attending. (One bonus for this event is that the TW Traveling Trophy of Distinction is safely in Southern California, so no one has to worry about having to take that award home !).

Let me know if you have any questions or need directions,

Brian

Ooo, this one sounds fun - count me in!
    2018 CB500XA - Rally Raid: Level 2 Suspension/Wheels, Engine guard / bash plate, Pannier racks, Wide pegs, Rear brake reservoir guard, ABS switch, Radiator screen, kickstand shoe. Barkbuster/Storm. Palmer windshield adjuster w/ accessory bar. Savage steering damper, levers, and rear rack. Givi Trekker Outback 42L Top Case and Wolfman Rocky Mountain Saddlebags. 50W 3" spot/flood pods. Scorpion Serket Taper slip-on.

bummer, i'm in oregon, driving home on saturday. i have a few maintenance issues i could use a bit of help on, but nothing as fun as a base gasket. all the best!
    bananachunks likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    ................Elime (Tony) has graciously agreed to provide his experience and expertise to help accomplish this task..........................
    I have done it on two different TW's and it worked out well both times. I don't think that makes me an expert but I will give it all I have! Tony
    bananachunks likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

You guys get all the fun. Wish it was closer. (Illinois)
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

Mel
    How naive you are Brian. I don't know of any road closures between San Luis Obispo and the Pleasanton area. I just want you guys to know, some time, some place, some occasion, it is most likely to show up.
    Mel

You guys are fantastic. This helpfulness is what makes this Forum so great. Sorry I won't be there to get in the way as I, the full moon, and some granite slickrock have a prior engagement.
    bananachunks, Wingnut and TW-Brian like this.

Wish I could make it out for this one! any chance you guys all want to relocate to SLC....its hot and dry this summer, but at least its windy.
    TW-Brian likes this.

Okay i picked up a tw200 several months ago, did not spark/run. Worked on it for a while and well life gets in the way. Work, Wife kids.

So i could easily send off to shop and throw money at it, but i would really like some help understanding electrical and how to do the most basic stuff oil change, clutch, chain etc.
    I have never owned a motorcycle, i am eager to learn, would this be a good day for me to come on down?
    TW-Brian likes this.

Hi Norm,

I can't guarantee that we can fix your electrical problem but we can sure try to help you find out what is causing it and may also have the parts needed to fix it. For all the other mechanical stuff, we are well equipped to both show you and assist you with these tasks.

I think this would be a great opportunity for you to learn more about your bike and maybe even get it back on the road. What year is your TW and where are you coming from?

Brian
    Fred and joeband like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links