Clutch adjustment help
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clutch adjustment help

Clutch adjustment help

I'm going to take the right side cover off and do the adjustment I've heard if to get the arrow to line back up. Note pic. Once I get the cover off how do I adjust the clutch so the arrow lines up to the mark. I have searched and not found any results that explain this. I will also have the other side off to do a sprocket change. Any advice would be appreciated.image.jpgimage.jpg

Rob, this is a easy one. Looking at your pic, it is out of adjustment, and I think you will notice a nice difference adjusting it. Basically, once you pull off the right side cover, look at the clutch boss and in the center you will see a lock nut and a screw inside that has a slot. Loosen the nut, put a screwdriver in the center and turn until the lever lines up with the mark on the case, tighten the locknut and you are done. You will need a right side cover gasket. Here is a link with a picture.
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...djustment.html
    Fred likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Little tommy you rock! I am just sitting down now to so this thank you very much for the reply!!
    Fred likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Enlarge the pics on the link and you can read what the manual actually says. It's a little fuzzy, but you can see it. You have to push the lever over by hand a little. My bike was out of adjustment about as much as yours. I love my clutch now! It's still a short engagement, but that's the way it's made. Once you are done, adjust the cable at the adjustment point on the cable, then finishing with the final adjustment at the clutch lever itself. Make sure spring is attached on the pointer at case. You'll like it. Please give us an update later on. Glad to be a help.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

You might just want to install heavy duty clutch springs . They are a cheap upgrade
    Look at the bottom of this page under SIMILAR THREADS
    Norm in Arkansas
    2006 TW , Kick Starter , Shinko 241 front 4;00/18 ,Vesrah HD clutch springs. Carb jet Kit, Amsoil 10-40 , ALLSBALLS steering head bearings, Jimbo shield. Zeta drop -down bend handguards
    Ricochet skidplate from IMMIX RACING , BIKEMASTER Supersport mirrors XT350 fuel tank , member big foot pegs

Honda XR 600 , KTM 300 , BMW 1100 gs , 327 Cushman Truckster , KTM 625 SXC . Ural with sidecar

New sprockets, chain, right side gasket, clutch adjusted, fresh Mobil 1 synthetic, put everything back together and started on the second kick. It was leaking a little bit before I started it, then I found a few screws that needed to be tightened. After driving it was leaking pretty bad for sure the right side, maybe the left too. It was running better though. Still need to adjust the clutch cables better.
    Back to the leak, I think it is because I'm lazy and didn't get all of the old gasket residue off of the case.. How do I get it all off? The left side gasket stayed mostly in tact so I didn't change it.

The gasket surfaces of the covers and engine side must be clean and smooth with no remnants of the old gaskets remaining. I use a straight razor blade and be very careful to not gouge the aluminum. On the left side while changing the front sprocket it is foolish to not also replace the three seals. One is the shift lever and the other 2 are on the sprocket shaft, one against the engine and one in the side cover. Being lazy is not a good excuse when doing this service and you only end up doing it right because you did it twice!

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

After scraping most of the gasket off when I replaced my base gasket with a puddy knife, I used a scotch bright type scrubbing pad to removed the remaining gasket material. Worked fast, easy and did a good job.
    littletommy and Adam-n-nevada like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I was using a razor blade and accidentally put a few small gauges in the metal which made me want to stop scraping the old gasket get off. Do you think the gasket I just put on last night will be fine till Sunday or will I need to order another one? Also the clutch feels much smoother but engages at the very end of letting the lever movement, would stiffer springs change that? Also it shifts like butter now.
    Also some of the gasket gunk left on the engine part of the case seems difficult to get at and what is a good way to avoid getting gunk scraps from getting inside the case?

Being lazy is not a good excuse when doing this service and you only end up doing it right because you did it twice!

GaryL

It is a problem I know I have I just haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links