Throttle issue
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Throttle issue

At idle in neutral my tw will die if i quickly snap the throttle to half. Is this a carb issue? Or normal? My valves are due for adjustment. Not sure if that makes a difference.
    -tcepilot Hidden Content
    --- Psalm 23 Verses 4-5 ----

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil,
    for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed
    my head with oil; My cup overflows. (New American Standard Bible)

Probably a carb getting dirty. Did it do this before? Try some Lucus Deep Creep Fuel Cleaner 3 oz to a tank, really cleans stuff up, then run Seafoam to maintain the cleanliness and keep it running nicely. If it's due, do the valves.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Is the air filter clean and oiled ?.
    fielding likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Probably a carb getting dirty. Did it do this before? Try some Lucus Deep Creep Fuel Cleaner 3 oz to a tank, really cleans stuff up, then run Seafoam to maintain the cleanliness and keep it running nicely. If it's due, do the valves.
    This. It sounds like your pilot circuit is getting clogged.

I have an friend who is a old time Harley rider and he has always wondered why I run ethanol free gas in my bikes. Well, last week he decided to try some, (I didn't know he was doing this) and he told me the other day, "now I know why you run this gas", "it's like an instant tune up!", I laughed at him and handed him my bottle of Lucus and told him, "no, THIS is the instant tune up stuff right here" So with the boost of power he got running real gas (10 - 15 %) better and then running some Lucus through his carb, he now thinks he has a new bike. He said it has never run this well in all the years he has had it! He felt that it gave him about 25% better power and performance along with smoothness and easier starting. Personally, I was shocked the first time I tried it. My bike started running better within a couple miles. I now use it a couple times a year, and a splash of Seafoam every couple tanks to keep it clean and running well.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I have an friend who is a old time Harley rider and he has always wondered why I run ethanol free gas in my bikes. Well, last week he decided to try some, (I didn't know he was doing this) and he told me the other day, "now I know why you run this gas", "it's like an instant tune up!", I laughed at him and handed him my bottle of Lucus and told him, "no, THIS is the instant tune up stuff right here" So with the boost of power he got running real gas (10 - 15 %) better and then running some Lucus through his carb, he now thinks he has a new bike. He said it has never run this well in all the years he has had it! He felt that it gave him about 25% better power and performance along with smoothness and easier starting. Personally, I was shocked the first time I tried it. My bike started running better within a couple miles. I now use it a couple times a year, and a splash of Seafoam every couple tanks to keep it clean and running well.

Is this what you are talking about? STP Fuel Injector Carburetor Treatment Cleaner Additive Clean Injectors Lucas | eBay

Auto parts stores. It's a carb cleaner that really gets in the nooks and crannies of your carb. I used to try STP, Gumout, etc. There is no comparison. Lucus is the best I have ever found. I think it is 7-8 bucks a bottle. You can feel it working almost right away. It has saved me from having to open up my carbs more than once.

*disclaimer- bear in mind that a lot of us TW owners are very meticulous about our maintenance and since that is the case, you may or may not notice a difference. But if you ARE having a problem, it's the best! Use it once or twice a year, then a splash of Seafoam every couple tanks and you are about as good as it gets. If you run ethanol gas, yeah, its going to help and keep stuff cleaned. Try it and report back please.

Auto parts stores. It's a carb cleaner that really gets in the nooks and crannies of your carb. I used to try STP, Gumout, etc. There is no comparison. Lucus is the best I have ever found. I think it is 7-8 bucks a bottle. You can feel it working almost right away. It has saved me from having to open up my carbs more than once.

*disclaimer- bear in mind that a lot of us TW owners are very meticulous about our maintenance and since that is the case, you may or may not notice a difference. But if you ARE having a problem, it's the best! Use it once or twice a year, then a splash of Seafoam every couple tanks and you are about as good as it gets. If you run ethanol gas, yeah, its going to help and keep stuff cleaned. Try it and report back please.

So is the link I gave you the stuff you are talking about or not?

STP Fuel Injector Carburetor Treatment Cleaner Additive Clean Injectors Lucas | eBay

This one.
    goldenhtr likes this.

Well, it has always (for me) had throttle related issues. It has been a long time since it was acting up (early last year). Then I noticed this little issue. It really doesn't bother performance unless showing off counts. And I have tried sea foam with awesome results! More power I swear! And I'd say I'm due for a carb rebuild. The bowl gaskets are bad and it looks like there is nearly 20 years of leaked fuel on the outside. Well, it is an 89.
    -tcepilot Hidden Content
    --- Psalm 23 Verses 4-5 ----

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil,
    for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed
    my head with oil; My cup overflows. (New American Standard Bible)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links