Exhaust flange replacement
Close

Exhaust flange replacement

Has anyone had to replace their exhaust flange? Mine is warped horribly and does not seal. Is it possible to do this on it's own, or do you need to replace the whole header? Thanks!

I figured it out. The flange slides over the header once you remove it from the muffler and remove the protectors. Sorry for the dumb question.

If you can weld ,you might save some trouble by cutting the new flange ,bending it open enough to fit around the pipe ,then close it back up and weld it back together .

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

So I installed the new gasket and flange and much like with the old flange, I'm not sure I'm getting a good seal. Can someone tell me if the photo of my exhaust header/flange looks right? There's what seems to be a pretty big gap, but maybe that's normal. Also the screw looks like it could go in a bit further, but it's already really tight and I don't want to break it. Should those exhaust bolts go all the way in?

The symptom I'm trying to fix is really bad popping. I want to be sure that my exhaust is correct before I move on to the carb. Thanks for any help!

IMG_0172.JPG

Looks crooked to me. Back off the bolt that is in the farthest and tighten the other one more, until they are equal.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Looks crooked to me. Back off the bolt that is in the farthest and tighten the other one more, until they are equal.
    I gave that a go and the flange is still not flush , but maybe that's just how they are? I might stop by a dealership to look at one of the new TW's and see if the exhaust flange is flush with the head or if it looks similar to mine. Or if anyone wants to take a quick look at their's I'd be most appreciative.

Just curious... Did you also replace the flange gasket? Should seal things up.

Yes, I did replace the metal gasket. I think it's sealed despite the huge gap between the flange and head. I am still getting major popping on decel, so I thought maybe the header wasn't connected/sealing correctly. It seams weird to me that the flange doesn't go flush. I can't find any photos of the tw200 header attached on the internet, so I will hopefully find another tw at a dealership tonight and compare.

Sponosred Links