Bleeding Brakes
Close

Thread: Bleeding Brakes

Bleeding Brakes

I see some of you are having Problems.
    When I put steel braided lines on my DR650 I had a hell of a time getting the air out I used a motion pro clear tube with a one way valve no luck so I went to Harbor Freight and pick up this bleeder I hooked to my compressor and was done in two minutes. I got it on sale for $20. hard to see in the picture white with a white background. Brake Fluid Bleeder

Good info zdiver1 . I suppose the big jug hooks up to the bleeder and you are actually pushing fluid up through the line instead of visa-versa ?. I resurrected an older thread about peeling paint from the master cylinder . It could be caused by a slightly over filled condition , then when the bike sits in the sun ,the fluid has to go somewhere and a micro seepage occurrs causing the paint too flake ?.

Quote Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
    Good info zdiver1 . I suppose the big jug hooks up to the bleeder and you are actually pushing fluid up through the line instead of visa-versa ?. I resurrected an older thread about peeling paint from the master cylinder . It could be caused by a slightly over filled condition , then when the bike sits in the sun ,the fluid has to go somewhere and a micro seepage occurrs causing the paint too flake ?.
    No you take off the Brake fluid plate fill it to the top and push the rubber hose fitting on the fitting at the disc open the brake fluid fitting pull the trigger on the bleeder and it sucks the fluid into the jug it comes with easy to read instructions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
    The paint peeling is from the fluid it is corrosive the gasket is leaking or is was not tight with time the rubber O-ring gasket will compress and then you get leakage if it was from heat mine would be leaking.

Sponosred Links