Anybody use 6 Sigma for carb jetting
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anybody use 6 Sigma for carb jetting

Anybody use 6 Sigma for carb jetting

I was on Amazon checking out a DG exhaust and they recommend this company to send correct parts and instructions to rejet the tw card. It seems you tell them what you have done to your bike and modifications plus your altitude and they package all the jets shims drill bits etc plus detailed instructions to rejet the tw correctly the first time. It's the same price $39 as Procycle. I thought I might give them a try.
    Chris Reitzel
    Hidden Content
    2007 TW 200
    Too many Hummers

It may be worth a try at that price, but I might remember that name from past posts and it always seems to come back to using OEM parts only and the trial and error, slightly time consuming task of step by step adjusting the carb until you get it right. You definitely don't want to order parts from Keyster. That company has been nothing but headaches for folks looking to take shortcuts or a fast fix. Perhaps research it better. I went with Procycle, but only after talking to Mr.Bracket and Ronnydog, and procycle put in parts for my kit accordingly. I am very pleased, the bike hauls A** !!

* I have an 87, drive it at about 2000 ft altitude and went with a 112 main, 42 pilot, 2 3/4 turns out air/fuel screw and 3 washers on the needle valve.
    Last edited by littletommy; 08-10-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I bought the kit and installed it in a carb but have yet to install the carb on a bike. The kit comes with a variety of jet sizes and if you want some different size ones they send them for free. The people seem very nice.

The kit also included a drill and screw to remove the plug. There are washer and o-rings and a pilot jet though I don't know what size. There are fairly extensive instruction included in the kit.

I have old style carbs and I use 2.5 inch o-rings for float bowl gaskets -- 1/16" in cross section (I think).

P4190957.JPG

P4190958.JPG

The jets are different than stock but I guess they should work OK.

I have solved most of my carb problems by cleaning with an ultrasonic cleaner and installing a new stock jet -- #114 I believe.

Good luck. Tony
    Last edited by elime; 08-10-2014 at 08:19 PM.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

yes, i used a kit on 1 of mine, drive n purrs perfectly, much more responsive. i have uprated exhaust and cone filter,

What is the drilling for? Does it come with needle shims? A gasket? I'm afraid to drill into the carb. Is the 6 sigma kit really worth it? Or is the pro cycle kit the way to go? I need a new gasket for sure though. Stock exhaust btw.
    -tcepilot Hidden Content
    --- Psalm 23 Verses 4-5 ----

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil,
    for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed
    my head with oil; My cup overflows. (New American Standard Bible)

Procycle uses OEM Yamaha parts. Sigma tries hard to make it right, and don't use Keyster kits.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I saw that 6 sigma has an airbox mod in the kit. What is that all about?
    -tcepilot Hidden Content

I am also interested in real feedback on the 6 Sigma kit since I will be rejetting soon. Their kit is appealing since they give you a recommended starting point based on mods and altitude... not that it may even be close to correct, but that is appealing to me.
    1994 TW200
    1993 DR350
    1991 DR350S
    1974 TC125

Anyone? ):
    -tcepilot Hidden Content

I thought I would post on the kit plus the DG exhaust for the OP , then saw I was the OP. I never needed to change the carb when I put on the DG pipe. I did order the 1" silencer end and now the pipe doesn't give me a headache when i ride over 30 min. Now it sounds like a bear farting in a bath tub….but I love the look.
    Chris Reitzel
    Hidden Content
    2007 TW 200
    Too many Hummers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links