Electric tire pump
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Electric tire pump

Electric tire pump

I notice the TW has a fused aux battery cable hanging down the side of the frame. Is there such a thing as a miniature 12 volt tire pump that is small enough to carry on a trip? If a person is way out in the boonies and gets a slow tire leak, it sure would be nice to have a pump along. Last year a rider friend of mine got a slow leak about 30 miles from civilization on his Honda XR650. It was evening and he was alone, too far to walk out, so he drove it on the flat and made it back to the truck okay, but it cost him a tire and tube. The wheel somehow survived.

Look up portable air compressors online, there are a bunch of them ranging 10bucks and up.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Last edited by ZDR1; 08-10-2014 at 06:04 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I don't think our bikes come with that lead, it's been added for a battery tender and/or air compressor by a previous owner.
    fielding likes this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    I don't think our bikes come with that lead, it's been added for a battery tender and/or air compressor by a previous owner.

My son has an 04 TW and mine is an 06. They both have it, but I have not looked at any others. On top of the battery there is a rubber fuse holder and the cable threaded down the side of the bike frame, held to the frame with two tie straps. On the end is a male/female connector that has a seal plug in it to keep dirt and water out. Maybe it is an option.

Same as mine, I added mine for a battery tender, but my mini compressor fits it also. Dual purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Same as mine, I added mine for a battery tender, but my mini compressor fits it also. Dual purpose.
    How big is that mini compressor physically?

3 by 5 by 2 roughly.

I've got one which I purchased at Walmart (I think). It's a Slime brand, even has a light on it, I cut off the cigarette lighter end and put on a plug that fits the tender lead you guys have. Works good.
    Fred likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links