Ride height
Close
    
    
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Ride height

  1. #1
    Junior Member rickm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Owosso MI
    Posts
    14
    You can adjust the ride height up or down a bit with the circlip under the spring perch on that TW shock if needed.

    Thats what I just read in another posting. Does anybody have a pic of this adjuster, Thanks a newbie that needs it a little lower

  2. #2
    Senior Member lizrdbrth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Desert, SoCal
    Posts
    7,369
    Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    You can adjust the ride height up or down a bit with the circlip under the spring perch on that TW shock if needed.

    Thats what I just read in another posting. Does anybody have a pic of this adjuster, Thanks a newbie that needs it a little lower


    You can adjust the preload on the spring. Depending on your weight you can get a slight increase or decrease in spring tension by moving the clip. You have to remove your shock and either remove the spring or compress it enough to make the change.



    Hang out a few days and I'll show you pics of where the clip is and what you need to do on Gizmow's shock thread.

    Last edited by littletommy; 09-04-2018 at 06:17 AM.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

    Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  3. #3
    Junior Member RonC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4
    This is just what I am looking for. My wife would feel a little more secure if we could lower the ride a bit. If you have any photos, or a link to them, I would very much appreciate it.

    Thanks

    r/R

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member lizrdbrth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Desert, SoCal
    Posts
    7,369
    Quote Originally Posted by RonC View Post
    This is just what I am looking for. My wife would feel a little more secure if we could lower the ride a bit. If you have any photos, or a link to them, I would very much appreciate it.

    Thanks

    r/R


    Sorry for slacking on you, RonC.







    The grooves and clip are hidden beneath the spring retainer (1).



    You'll need to remove or retract the spring to get to them.



    There are 3 grooves. (2) is stiffest, (3) is lightest, most are factory set in the middle groove. You'll want to put hers on (3).



    This will only lower the bike slightly, depending upon your wife's weight, and it will only lower it when she's on the bike. If mounting the bike is an issue or if she's so short that she's still not confident, you may have to resort to redrilling the lower shock mount in the swingarm.

    Last edited by littletommy; 09-04-2018 at 06:16 AM.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

    Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  6. #5
    Junior Member RonC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4
    No Slack Dude. I appreciate your getting back. It may take me awhile to come up with the right configuration, but now I have plan to get her riding.

    r/R



    ================================================== ==============================================









    Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Sorry for slacking on you, RonC.







    The grooves and clip are hidden beneath the spring retainer (1).



    You'll need to remove or retract the spring to get to them.



    There are 3 grooves. (2) is stiffest, (3) is lightest, most are factory set in the middle groove. You'll want to put hers on (3).



    This will only lower the bike slightly, depending upon your wife's weight, and it will only lower it when she's on the bike. If mounting the bike is an issue or if she's so short that she's still not confident, you may have to resort to redrilling the lower shock mount in the swingarm.

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Lift the height at the back on my Tw 125
    By Elvdaking in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2013, 08:48 PM
  2. What's the proper way to set float height on the TW200?
    By silverhead in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2013, 01:52 PM
  3. Carb Float Height?
    By tok-tokkie in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 09:16 AM
  4. What's your height and weight?
    By siggi101 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 09:55 PM
  5. Front Rack Height
    By Dubster in forum Performance and Customization
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 06:47 PM

Search tags for this page

can you lower a tw200 yamaha

,

can you raise the seat on a yamaha tw200

,
raising seat on the tw200
,
seatt height with rider on tw-200
,
tw 200 ride height
,

tw200 height

,
tw200 height adjust
,
tw200 height adjustment
,

tw200 ride height adjustment

,

tw200 seat height

,
what is the ride hieght on a 2003 tw 200
,
yamaha tw200 seat height increase
Click on a term to search for related topics.