XT350 gas tank...does it fit?
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gerry

Thread: XT350 gas tank...does it fit?

So I've seen a couple of pictures here on the fourm of TW's with XT350 tanks mounted on them. Given the price of a Clarke tank I'm thinking a used XT tank may be a more reasonable option. So does it really fit from bike to bike or are mods required to make it work?

Thanks

Matthew
    89 TW200
    08 V Strom DL650
    71 Honda CB350

Matthew, any tank swap on the TW will require mods... The project is very do-able by someone with basic mechanical skills and perhaps the willingness to 'push the envelope' a little. Having done both the 350 and the 600, I would say the 350 is the better choice, volume is abit more and the 600 seems to be designed for side scoops. Gerry

turbodieseli4i6 likes this.
    Take care my Friend.........

At its most basic all you need is a rear mount extension, and to make sure your bars don't hit the tank. The stock seat can be forced into place.

Some of us have grafted seat pans together or dealt with the seat gap in some other way.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Peruano provided this fantastic August 2010 synopsis of his tank and seat modification after some info became hard to locate when the Forum's webhost changed: http://tw200forum.co...rch__1#entry841

Corey
    two 2009 TWs, Ricochet skidplates, Moose Racing 'Expedition' rack (like a Borrega), DID 428V O-ring chains, DMoto2 -style black steel footpegs from eBay

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    Peruano provided this fantastic August 2010 synopsis of his tank and seat modification after some info became hard to locate when the Forum's webhost changed: http://tw200forum.co...rch__1#entry841

Corey

I highly recomend Peruano's method of using the washer/hacksaw method of sawing the pin, as you can re-install the pin to its original location if you ever want to go back to the stock tank, and using the washer as a cutting guide allows your mount extension a firmer base of attachment.

You probably won't be lucky enough have an old HP printer laying around as he did. My bracket is just a piece of 1 1/4" x 1/8" flat stock, but otherwise drilled and installed to fit outside the sawed off stub of the original pin, the same as Peruano's. Hasn't squirmed or moved in close to 2 years.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links