2015 Neutral Indicator NOT WORKING!!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 2015 Neutral Indicator NOT WORKING!!

2015 Neutral Indicator NOT WORKING!!

Hey everyone,

I'm new not only to this forum but to riding in general. Just got my 2015 TW200 as my first bike and its brand new with only 2 miles on it, haven't ridden it yet, (except around the yard since I dont have plates and im getting my license in a couple weeks) but somehow the neutral indicator light is no longer lighting up, almost like the thing is stuck in first gear. Only starts with the clutch fully pulled and wont come out of first gear, I honestly have no idea why this is happening or what's going on but if anyone has any clue as to what's wrong or has a solution that would be greatly appreciated. I spent the last hour and a half or so trying to get the thing back in neutral but no luck. I would call the Yamaha dealer that i got it from but they're closed on Monday's - my luck. Hope you guys know something that i dont about this cause its starting to get me heated lol.

Thanks,
    Neil

Sorry if this sounds too elementary, but do you know for sure that you have it in neutral? with the bike not running but the key on, push it slightly forward and backward while repeatedly pushing the shift lever down. This will make sure you have it into first. Then while still pushing forward and backward try to come up, GENTLY, one click.
    Last edited by Devils Advocate; 05-18-2015 at 05:07 PM.
    SanDue and Peterb like this.

Welcome to the forum Neil!

Sometimes it is easier to find neutral by putting the bike into second gear and then lightly tapping the shifter down.
    SanDue, JimJames and docjekyll2002 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Also, with the clutch pulled in, rev the engine up a bit while simultaneously trying to put it in neutral. Sometimes it slips into neutral easier than just running at idle. I recently mentioned this in another thread the other day, check your chain slack. TW is harder to shift sometimes with too loose of a chain. To tight of a chain is not good either.
    SanDue likes this.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike.

Where in NJ??
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Also check to make sure your clutch cable return spring is properly attached, my 2014 came from the dealer barely hanging on and was not working properly.

The light won't light if you're stuck in first gear. Rock it like the others have recommended

The TW is a real PITA when it comes to finding neutral. Like others have mentioned, going up from first isn't always going to work. Going down from second is how I usually get there. I also find that occasionally I'll get it into neutral and it will take 2-3 seconds for the light to come on.
    docjekyll2002 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJames View Post
    The TW is a real PITA when it comes to finding neutral. Like others have mentioned, going up from first isn't always going to work. Going down from second is how I usually get there. I also find that occasionally I'll get it into neutral and it will take 2-3 seconds for the light to come on.
    That is a long delay. Mine comes on instantly.

Haven't had my TW but a couple weeks and actually I think this is pretty easy, comparatively speaking, to find neutral. A lot of the bikes I ride/rode don't have no stinking neutral lights (dirt bikes). Most of those you had to find neutral while rolling because if you stopped you would never get it with the motor running. I think this TW prefers to be stopped.
    Last edited by Devils Advocate; 05-18-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links