Pingel petcock
Close

Thread: Pingel petcock

Does anyone know if Pingel makes a petcock that will fit either the stock tank or the new Clarke tank?
    -Joe

2009 TW200

So do tell us why we would want a Pingel petcock. As I recall the entire oem petcock assembly costs on the order of $14 from Yamaha? Advantages? Just curious. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by peruano View Post
    So do tell us why we would want a Pingel petcock. As I recall the entire oem petcock assembly costs on the order of $14 from Yamaha? Advantages? Just curious. Tom

I had one on my DR650, and always liked it better than the stock one. Just preference, I guess. I don't think there is any advantage over the stock. I just picked up a new (65 miles) 2009 T-dub a few days ago, and I'm making a list of all the stuff I'd like to change or upgrade once the temperatures climb back up. It's been -15 every morning for the past week. Stupid March weather...
    -Joe

2009 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by peruano View Post

Nice to know they're so inexpensive. I've actually rebuilt a few of them on some old bikes. Not anymore!

I went to their site. They have a lot of neat gear. None of the valves looked like they would fit a tw. Tw200 is not on their application chart. Their target market looks to be motocross and drag bikes that need high flow fuel valves.

Unless your carb float bowl runs dry on you a lot I don't think a 9 gallon per minute valve will amount to much.

My main problem is keeping the front wheel down and/or keeping the back tire from breaking loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    Nice to know they're so inexpensive. I've actually rebuilt a few of them on some old bikes. Not anymore!

I just put a new one on my 89 TW. It cost $14.95, and the rebuild kit was $18.95. A no brainer!<G>

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    My main problem is keeping the front wheel down and/or keeping the back tire from breaking loose.

Me too! That and keeping everything in my top box from self destruction due to our rough trails here in AZ. I know I could slow down, but I don't want to

Yes its nearly as cheap to buy an entire petcock from Yamaha than to buy individual parts. I bought the little wafer, one o ring, and the gasket that goes between the tank and the petcock (to replace the homemade one I was running) and the 3 tiny bits of rubber cost me around $11 (I could have had all the metal parts too for an additional $3 or so). Its all in packaging. Go figure. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

It's the getting it to the end user that costs. Much of the price of small parts is shipping, handling, and storage.

The fuel for the slow boat from Japan, the crew, the people who pack, load, and unload the pallets, and finally the rent or mortgage on the warehouse they keep it in until someone buys it.

Ever notice that the price of 1 liter and 2 liter soda is often within pennies of each other at the convenience stores, and sometimes the 2L is cheaper?

Costs more to transport/handle 2 ea. 1 liter bottles than 1 ea. 2 liter bottle.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Sponosred Links