Close

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By TW-Brian
  • 1 Post By brushhippie
  • 1 Post By brushhippie
  • 1 Post By brushhippie

Thread: Rear spokes

Rear spokes

Just picked up an 01 TW that is in need of rear spokes...there are some listed on fleabay but they are saying they are for up to 2000....will these interchange or no?...or if you might know where I can find some I would appreciate the help...thanks!

Welcome to the forum! Where are you from? There is a gentleman named TW-Brian who might have some. You could wait around and see who responds to you or send him a personal message. He has had a few in the past and is a really good guy. Good luck, please keep us posted.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Welcome to the forum!

I am not aware of any changes to the rear wheel (i.e., hub, spokes and rim) since the TW's introduction in 1987 except for the color of the rim (black or silver).

Be aware that there are at least 3 and maybe 4 unique spokes (lengths and angles of spoke heads vary) used on the rear wheel. If you only need one or two, I may be able to help you but unfortunately I have already given away most of the extras that I once had.

Brian

p.s Thanks Tommy!
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Tommy, I am in the Mo Ozarks....perfect place for this bike...cannot wait to get it fixed! It has most of them...they let them waller around in there a good bit but hopefully it is fixable...I think so...I have been riding bikes my entire life and never had a spoke issue and the last two bikes I have gotten have both had rear spoke issues....call me lucky!
    littletommy likes this.

Thanks Brian...I had no idea there were that many different spokes....hmm I will have to go to the shop and check it out...seems they were all missing from the port side...lol..yea boat guy..
    littletommy likes this.

Well It looks to me like it is going to need the entire set...some of the ones that are still in it are loose and bottomed out..anybody know the cheapest supplier?

why not just look for a used wheel in the classifieds
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

I thought my rear wheel bearings were done because my wheel was actually loose causing handling problems but upon closer inspection my spokes are actually that loose. I borrowed a spoke wrench from a friend but it seems the 6mm is kinda loose so I looked into spoke wrenches and realized there is actually a 5.8mm spoke wrench out there on ebay but don't even see one listed on the Motion-Pro site. I want to buy a quality spoke wrench not ebay junk. Can someone out there confirm that the TW rear spoke nipples are 5.8mm and tell me where I can buy a good spoke wrench?

Well got the new spokes from Iboats .com believe it or not and no problem installing them...got them adjusted right I think...I will give it a couple of days then put the wrench to them again. Got to ride it the first time yesterday after finishing the spokes and I must say I am not disappointed....she is perfect for climbing around here on the rock pile!
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    1976 Honda XL 350
    2001 Yamaha TW 200
    2004 XR 650R
    Like Black Powder guns? Hidden Content
    Check out my youtube channel Hidden Content

Sponosred Links