TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Best front brake + clutch levers?

13K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Orangepeel 
#1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum, my husband and I just bought our first bike, an '09 TW200. We're still learning to ride, and (it's all part of the process, right?) he managed to snap off the front brake lever halfway down today.

We want to order some (hopefully better quality) replacement front brake and clutch levers to have on hand. What are the best options? OEM vs. after market? Preferably cheap?

Also, we both have pretty short fingers, so whatever we replace it with needs to not increase the travel distance (preferably might even decrease a little).

Thanks!

#2 ·
The best qaulity levers in the world are sacrificial--they break so the bracket doesn't. The best way to prevent broken and bent levers is to add brush gaurds to protect the levers from impact. I wouldn't own a dualsport bike without brush gaurds. To protect my hands when riding offroad. Protecting the levers is a bonus.

#4 ·
#5 ·
#10 ·
Stock YZ levers won't operate your clutch safety or brake light switches. Make sure those high rent ones will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.