2006 still puking....
Close

Well after 2 trips to the dealer, 2 base gaskets, and a complete remachining of my case halves, I'm still leaking oil; this time from the rear of the case..... at least I haven't paid for any of this work yet thanks to the extended warranty. Since the warranty runs out in 2 weeks, I'm going back into the shop yet again....

Sad thing is at most dealers the little singles go to the least experienced mechanics most of the time. Make sure to keep all your receipts incase the problem continues after the warranty expires. Also, check into your state's lemon laws.

I have a 2006 as well and I'm looking into this problem right now. I will be calling Yamaha this afternoon to see what they say. I don't have high hopes though. Did they use the new gasket when they fixed your bike?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Called Yamaha and they said since the bike did not have an extended warranty that I was out of luck. They aren't owning up to their manufacturing error.

#1. You must order the 2010 base gasket............. Don't waist any time on anything older... I really think yammie should go to bat for us owners.. I too have "2" 06 t-dubs with leaky gaskets. )o; OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by kshaw View Post
    I have a 2006 as well and I'm looking into this problem right now. I will be calling Yamaha this afternoon to see what they say. I don't have high hopes though. Did they use the new gasket when they fixed your bike?

They did, but the problem seems to be with the case...it keeps leaking at the seam.... I think my case is a lemon...

fortunately, the dealer is taking care of the problem with no questions asked...

Well it took a few weeks but the TW is back and leak free. Turns out the bolt that allows access to (or is actually) the cam chain adjuster was slightly backed out. There was no oil dripping from it, but the spray pattern on everything seems to point back at this bolt. I've driven her hard for several days and haven't seen any further evidence of leaking oil. My fingers are crossed as my extended warranty is now expired. The mechanic said he'll keep at it should it continue to leak, warranty or no warranty... Big kudos to Ponderay Yamaha for dealing with this problem with no questions asked....

Sponosred Links