TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

What relay is the neutral switch relay 1989 tdub?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  supachip1 
#1 ·
Can someone please tell me with the right side cover removed , what relay is the neutral switch relay on 89 tdub?
the one on the right or left? Thanks so much for any help

#2 ·
There isn't one, I don't believe. There are several low current wires for the 'mommy switches'- neutral, side stand, clutch, and kill, that control ignition, which is a larger current draw, and therefore needs a relay. Type in 'colored wiring diagram' in advanced search, and a big hearted guy drew these up for us.

#3 ·
If its the same as the newer Tdubs its the small box with 6 wires running to it. Mine is white with the sky blue wire running to it. The smaller white box is a diode in the same circuit. The large rectangle is your CDI and the smaller black box with fuses and heavy gauge cable is your starter relay.

#5 ·
the black relay= starting circuit relay, allows the start button to engage the starter solenoid, white relay= ignition circuit relay, controls the ignition/neutral, however on the coloured diagram the blue neutral wire goes to both relays, not sure how this affects each.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.