What the heck is going on with my tdub?
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: What the heck is going on with my tdub?

What the heck is going on with my tdub?

Neutral light flickers when tdub is running in neutral. Then sometimes the N light just goes out. I Replaced neutral switch thats under the left side cover but no luck. Also if I give a little throttle in N....The relay in the right side cover witch I believe is the neutral relay goes freakin crazy. Neutral bulb is new...installed new neutral relay and still the same. I'm baffle! What else can I check? Getting 11.66 volts on battery at idle. Bad rectifier?
    Thanks for any things to look for...
    2013 TW200 Ims super stock pegs,zeta pro bend xc hand-guards,manrack,zeta muffs,Gerbing ultra light heated gloves

I would have the battery tested first. Take it to a auto parts store, most of them do it for free. Do that first.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Battery holds at 12.65 volts when bike is off
    Its only a year old...and we use the battery tender junior
    But I guess i will pull it out and take it to auto zone
    Im gonna check water level before I get it tested
    2013 TW200 Ims super stock pegs,zeta pro bend xc hand-guards,manrack,zeta muffs,Gerbing ultra light heated gloves

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Sometimes when they are getting ready to go out, TW's will act strangely with weird light and signal problems, just like yours. Mine acted up just as my battery was going out and I know others have found the same thing. Rule 1, is always look at the battery first. Don't add water tonight, let them test it as it is. They need to load test it. Or if the battery acid is down to the plates but not farther, add distilled water and slow charge on your tender, re-install and try again. Sometimes, that's all they needed, sometimes not.
    TWilight likes this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Ok thanks! If i need a battery what brand should I go with? Should I go sealed gel type. I hate these water filled batteries....so hard to see the level through the plastic
    grewen likes this.

Yeah it is. I'm thinking, for a maintenance free battery online somewhere... around 60 bucks? You have a kicker added? If you do, I would probably go with a cheaper one, if not, it might be better to get one of the good ones. Either way is fine really, considering (usually) you get 3-5 years on any kind.
    TWilight likes this.

im gonna take a wild guess maybe your neutral indicator lead has an issue. Possible grounding on the case? I would check it for breaks, but just a guess
    TWilight likes this.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

You meen the wire that runs under the case to the neutral sensor?

If the neutral light wont come on in N....I can bang on the kill switch with my hand and the N light will come on
    Or if the N light wont come on...and I jiggle the shifter...it will come on
    Im baffled!

Hmmmm. Yeah, something's not right. Still check the battery though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links