Running Lights and charging system
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Turtle Chaser
  • 1 Post By Borneo

Thread: Running Lights and charging system

Running Lights and charging system

Hello All, I needed to replace a broken rear turn signal so I had the bright idea (hah) to put front ones on the back and have running lights as well. Then I realized that's illegal, oops. I'm still gonna do it and have a switch to turn off the rear running lights if I have to. Anyway I am also running an Osram Rally headlight bulb 70/65w (super neat bulb) and LED tail light. So my total wattage is will be 20 watts over stock, my dub is an '06, will my charging system be able to keep up? Also, has anyone actually been pulled over for Amber rear running lights? Your advice and expertise will be appreciated.

best regards, MAC
    GOD BLESS & RIDE SAFE, TC____________ BC rides: Honda SL100, Honda TL125, Penton125 ISDT, KTM400 ISDT

now riding '06 TW w/ Jimbo Window, Acerbis bushbusters, ProTaper bars w/risers, Pro Grip 737's, Osram Rally headlamp w/modulator, turn signal beeper, Kenda k270 4.00 x 18,
    triple horns w/relay, big pegs, folding shifter, tuned carb w/drilled slide, 15/50 w/D.I.D. O-ring, RedLine 20w/50, Sterns w/extra padding, extra LED brake light, xt225 brake arm, rear Cycle Racks w/hacked milk crate. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Turtle Chaser, Why not simply change out the amber lens's on the back to be red lens's ?
    TWilight , I thought about doing that but after scouring the internet i could not find any replacement red lenses for the OEM signals. I did find some clear ones and I could use red bulbs. I'm not sure that's the best visibility option. My purpose is to be seen from the rear and the factory amber signals do a good job. In an effort to appease the LAW and lessen the load on the charging system I will use 2057 bulbs to replace the 1157 type. The 2057 is 1.6w dimmer at the 'low' filament and the same at the 'high' filament as an 1157. Great to know the Tdub can handle a bit of extra electrical load! Greatly appreciate your help, MAC
    Last edited by Turtle Chaser; 08-08-2015 at 10:43 AM.
    littletommy likes this.
    GOD BLESS & RIDE SAFE, TC____________ BC rides: Honda SL100, Honda TL125, Penton125 ISDT, KTM400 ISDT

now riding '06 TW w/ Jimbo Window, Acerbis bushbusters, ProTaper bars w/risers, Pro Grip 737's, Osram Rally headlamp w/modulator, turn signal beeper, Kenda k270 4.00 x 18,
    triple horns w/relay, big pegs, folding shifter, tuned carb w/drilled slide, 15/50 w/D.I.D. O-ring, RedLine 20w/50, Sterns w/extra padding, extra LED brake light, xt225 brake arm, rear Cycle Racks w/hacked milk crate. Hidden Content

Just use red rears.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Tapatalk
    littletommy likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Sponosred Links