2013 TW carb info. needed
Close

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By jbfla
  • 2 Post By GaryL

Thread: 2013 TW carb info. needed

2013 TW carb info. needed

Need to go through my card. Lost some of my info. Some one said they bought the needle washers from McMaster-Carr , I do not know what size & how many I need. I also read use a #130 main jet and a#54 pilot jet from a XT 200 or 250
    Elevation form Sacramento to 11,000 Ft. Bishop, CA
    I have Bananachunk's information on the dial-a-jet, I figure I'll try that next if I'm not satisfied the other way but I don't know what year Bananchunks bike is to compare it to my year .
    I don't know if I am going to put my DG pipe on either I heard they are loud .
    I still haven't heard how the over seas oil cooler adapters are.
    My bike will only run with choke on , I put the sea foam in & good stabilizer in before I had this problem
    Thank You
    Robert

Before you randomly make a lot of changes, get you bike running satisfactorily.

Running on "choke only" usually indicates clogged pilot jet/pilot jet passageways.

If the pilot jet/passageways are completely blocked, Seaform won't help. You need at least a minimal flow through the jet for it to work.

The pilot jet/passageways need to be manually cleaned by soaking or using an ultrasonic cleaner.

There probably isn't one carb setting that will take you from sea level to 11,000 feet. You should tune the TW for where you do most of your riding.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

11,000 feet above sea level is almost 2 miles high. Good Lord man, I would need a scuba tank back pack filled with oxygen to get that high so it is not surprising the TW might huff and puff a bit while up in the clouds. I highly doubt there is any one size fits all carb/jet combo that will get you what you need from 0 to 11,000 feet above.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thank You
    I also forgot to ask about the screw adjustment that you have to drill and remove the plate , is that the lean/rich screw & is it outside and under the carb . I haven't had a chance to even look at it let alone put the good front tire on I've had for about four months.
    Thanks again
    Robert

Hi Gary
    I was up there with my KLR650 The terrain & sand was to muck for me on that big bike. Anew friend I met up there had a pre 2001 jetted with a DG pipe & had no problems as far as breathing it was a little hard but not to bad . He knew Lizrdbrth I found out later on & had one of his oil cooler set ups & his brother just bought a 2015 ,I haven't got to go riding again with them both looking forward to it. I'm still trying to find out info on the forin adapters . Another question is, the screw adjustment under the plate you have to drill & pull out Is that the lean/rich mixture & is it outside under the carb.
    Thank You
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    11,000 feet above sea level is almost 2 miles high. Good Lord man, I would need a scuba tank back pack filled with oxygen to get that high so it is not surprising the TW might huff and puff a bit while up in the clouds. I highly doubt there is any one size fits all carb/jet combo that will get you what you need from 0 to 11,000 feet above.

GaryL

Quote Originally Posted by two-wheeling 200 View Post
    Hi Gary
    I was up there with my KLR650 The terrain & sand was to muck for me on that big bike. Anew friend I met up there had a pre 2001 jetted with a DG pipe & had no problems as far as breathing it was a little hard but not to bad . He knew Lizrdbrth I found out later on & had one of his oil cooler set ups & his brother just bought a 2015 ,I haven't got to go riding again with them both looking forward to it. I'm still trying to find out info on the forin adapters . Another question is, the screw adjustment under the plate you have to drill & pull out Is that the lean/rich mixture & is it outside under the carb.
    Thank You
    Robert
    Yes, Bottom of the carb and forward of the float bowl very close to the cylinder. It is a brass plug and usually has a tiny hole in it. Just find a small pointed screw such as a dry wall screw and if you can get a bite into the brass it wiggles out quite easily exposing the adjustment Pilot screw which is set pretty deep up in side. The standard most of us go by is to turn the screw all the way in until it hits the bottom and then turn it out 2 1/2 full revolutions. I found a tiny flat blade screw driver and put a mark on it where I started from the full bottomed point, spin it out twice past the mark and another half turn. This is the starting position and any further fine tuning must be done with the engine fully warmed up and this is also where you get the crispy knuckles. The pilot adjustment is simply the air to fuel mixture ratio but it is rather critical when you start climbing into high altitudes.

GaryL
    littletommy and Purple like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links